Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41/Simple Plan- Blame Canada Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by pbueddi, May 4, 2022.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

Didn't see a thread for this tour yet, but came across this. Bummer. I'm going to the Milwaukee show the 14th so hopefully everything is good by then.

2. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

I'm supposed to go on Friday. Not looking good

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I’m going, too! Coming up from Chicago.

pbueddi likes this.
  4. Brian Schantz

Supposed to go Saturday in Asbury Park but the weather looks horrendous, will likely get cancelled since it is outside

5. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

I thought this was supposed to be an All Killer, No Filler tour for Sum 41. Looking at the most recent setlists, they're only playing like 5 songs off of it. Are they wrong / incomplete or are they not actually playing AKNF?

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Looks like they abandoned that after the first couple shows.

7. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Pretty mad about it, to be honest. One of my favorite and most important records - I was so stoked when they announced the tour. I’m still going and it’ll be fine regardless, just not looking forward to it in the same way.

8. pbueddi

Trusted

It’s honestly fine with me. AKNF is towards to bottom of their discography for me outside of the singles. I want a nice wide variety. The same goes for simple plan actually.

9. Tifoil

ñ

I saw Simple Plan playing No Pad No Helmets for their 15th anniversary tour, so Im fine with a show playing the hits.
    Same with Sum 41, I like the album but I rather they play songs from all their discography.

Murph and pbueddi like this.
  10. korey011

Regular

should just move it inside to the convention hall, but yeah the weather is supposed to be bad

11. marchofmarty

nah that is some bullshit. I hate to be that person but I bought tickets because it was advertised as an AKNF show, not to hear them cover Queen and Metallica.

popdisaster00 and domotime2 like this.
  12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Murph likes this.
  13. Murph

Regular Supporter

With the weather being shitty on Saturday I’m cool with this. Just hope everyone is alright though.

Brian Schantz and MysteryKnight like this.
  14. domotime2 May 6, 2022
    (Last edited: May 6, 2022)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Wait wait wait wait.... They're not playing all killer no filler? Wtf?

That's the legit only reason I was going to go I've seen them 3-4 time already, I've heard the hits, but theres a ton of AKNF that I've never heard live and totally wanna rock out to. All Killer was definitely one of the first albums i bought. I remember listening to it freshman year of homeroom man. All She's Got, Summer, Amanda Bunkface, Heart Attack. Those are the ones i really really wanted.

That's an incredible bummer if true, like holy shit. Maybe with Simple Plan being the support, they werent getting the type of crowd they expected. Like, if they toured with NFG or someting maybe?

Idk i'm kinda pretty pissed. These albums shows are supposed to be for the die hards. Of course the casuals aren't gonna know half the songs, but NFG does it all the time. A lot of bands do this all the time. It's supposed to be a treat.

and of course since the album is so short, they'd splice in a few other singles so everyone wins.

marchofmarty and Pokinatcha Punk like this.
  15. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I'm bummed they both aren't doing full albums anymore but maybe after Sum 41 rejoins the tour they'll do the album in full again. It reminds me when they hyped 10 years of Chuck for a tour and then only played a few off it.

16. Wow I almost bought tickets this morning until reading this thread, lol. I would have only been going for AKNF

GrantCloud and domotime2 like this.
  17. pbueddi

Trusted

So glad I was able to go to this show last night! Sum 41 was super good as usual, and I now now that anyone who dunks on simple plan couldn’t be more wrong, because they killed it too. Solid setlists for both bands, although nothing from sum 41’s three latest albums (loved that we got 3 songs from UH). They did not come out for pain for pleasure. Was happy to hear a few of the new simple plan songs. They translate really well live. Only gripe was nothing from self titled, since it looks like they had played some on previous dates so far.

Overall, awesome experience. Was also cool that they sold enough to play the eagles room as opposed to the rave room. It was packed and people seemed super into both bands.

18. Tifoil

ñ

Im seeing them tonight in Chicago and Im so excited. Who closed your show?

pbueddi likes this.
  19. pbueddi

Trusted

Simple Plan played last.

Tifoil likes this.
  20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

i was there too! The show was super fun. Seeing both bands in 2022 immediately made me think that Sum 41 is to Green Day what Simple Plan is to NFG. Their live shows are very similar to their American counterparts.

pbueddi likes this.
  21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Simple Plan is really great live, it's the reason I've seen them 6 or 7 times over the last decade, despite only kind of liking their music.

pbueddi likes this.
  22. Tifoil

ñ

Does anyone know the set times for the tour?

23. pbueddi

Trusted

sum 41 went on at 8, simple plan around 9:35.

24. marchofmarty

does that mean that Sum 41 will close tonight then?

25. Tifoil

ñ

The show was amazing! Simple Plan was so much fun and Sum 41 was a blast, in my opinion the best of the 2 bands.

After the show I talked with Sebastien and he said while they never intended to play No Pads in full, they did played more songs from the album on the first shows of the tour but the crowd was mostly silent during them. Thats why they decided to play more hits instead.

pbueddi and Pokinatcha Punk like this.