Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 Sign with Hopeless Records • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You should give SBM another shot if you're down. I love that record even if it has two songs that Island was right on not wanting to fund (Time For You To Go and Baby You Don't Wanna Know) that disrupts the flow.

Underclass is their worst though hah.

Jonathan likes this.
  2. tomtom94

Trusted

Awesome news for Sum 41. I'm practically drooling thinking of the tours we could get out of the Hopeless stable at this point.

Not necessarily convinced it will translate into big sales of the new album, since even bands like NFG and Yellowcard seem to get big tours and small album sales, but it gives them a damn good chance.

3. thecobrakais

Regular

he looks so healthy. glad to see that! looking forward to some new sum 41 in my life.

4. Considering All Killer No Filler was the first "rock" album I ever purchased, I am very pleased with this announcement. Now can we have a Sum 41, Yellowcard, New Found Glory, Bayside, Taking Back Sunday super tour?!

5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Don't forget Good Charlotte

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

7. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I know I just think they fall right into the category with all those bands and came up right with Sum41.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Can I point out they haven't written a good song in over a decade without anyone freaking out? Probably not.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

A lot of SBM was right up there with Chuck for me, I don't really understand the overall dislike for that album at all

I also personally love Underclass Hero but I'm not gonna try to defend that one lol

10. I'll just say they have a lottttttt to prove to me before I'll be excited. Haha.

Colby Searcy and tdlyon like this.
  11. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I can get behind that statement.

12. Colby Searcy

I can get behind all of this. I love a lot of SBM a lot. I still love a lot of songs from UH too but I'd agree it's their worst since AKNF.

Still think With Me is one of the best Sum 41 songs.

13. Colby Searcy

What was the last song you enjoyed by them?

14. Fox83

Trusted

It's not really an unreasonable opinion. I'd disagree just because I enjoyed a handful of songs off Underclass Hero (Walking Disaster, Speak of the Devil, March of the Dogs, With Me, King of Contradiction, etc). Nothing really close to their high points on the albums before that though.

15. Raku

Regular

Yeah, even though I loved UH, I can see Jason's viewpoint.

16. pbueddi

Trusted

won't disagree, but will say i really hope they do

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

UH basically rips off the sounds of Green Day, MCR and a little bit of Blink but that's probably why I love it

18. Fox83

Trusted

Yea. It's almost as if Deryck knew he'd have to push for stronger melodies without Dave's memorable riffs, and the results were mixed, but it was a pretty catchy album at times.