Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 - Order In Decline (July 19, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 22, 2019.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

2. broken22

(:

What was the reason they wrote A.N.I.C. about Anna Nichole Smith ? I only ask because I barely remember anything about her.

3. pbueddi

Trusted

BTDandFeelingThis and Davjs like this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

I took a look at the current mainstream rock charts. They are even charting higher than Blink which is kind of cool (although the song styles are completely different).

Davjs likes this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Def looks like the harder rock has an advantage on that chart lol

pbueddi likes this.
  6. chelsealouanne Jun 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2019)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

She was really well known for some controversial things, and the height of this was at the time they released DTLI, because she had a reality TV series at this time, too.

broken22 likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

I'm shocked nothing from Underclass Hero charted as it was a lot more poppy.

SBM and 13V I can understand though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. chelsealouanne

Regular

pbueddi likes this.
  9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I remember it being featured on GG too. I always assumed it charted pretty well with the promotion and airplay it got at the time.

10. chelsealouanne

Regular

Mainstream radio stations here played it even.Other than that, I remember the music video for "Underclass Hero" making the video countdown on MuchMusic here in Canada, so I'm assuming it got radio play, as well, but I do not recall hearing it.

11. pbueddi

Trusted

I thought fake my own death would have charted. It’s got a good chunk of youtube views at least. Their performance on colbert was also really good.

Davjs likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

pbueddi, Kuri44 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

How big is this band in Canada? When I was young I assumed they were like Green Day level over there but I have a feeling that was never right lol

14. pbueddi

Trusted

I feel like Canadian bands are always pretty popular there. Even like Simple Plan.

15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Simple Plan is a bigger band than Sum 41 though arguably as they had still had some actual hits when Sum 41 didn't anymore. Over here in continental Europe both of those bands can still play main stages of big open air festivals.

Kuri44 and pbueddi like this.
  16. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah it seems like Simple Plan is deceptively popular in most countries other than the U.S. lol. I remember Summer Paradise being a pretty big hit for them.

17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah Summer Paradise and Jet Lag were huge over here. Summer Paradise still gets the occasional spin on like top 40 radio.

sawhney[rusted]2 and pbueddi like this.
  18. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Never There is on Apple Music

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yep, gonna be the best Sum album since Chuck.

20. pbueddi

Trusted

I guess this is what Deryck's Instagram post was referencing.

Davjs likes this.
  21. pbueddi

Trusted

3/3 so far for me. I'd rank them:

1. A Death In The Family
    2. Never There
    3. Out For Blood

22. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah it's a pretty good slow jam. I have huge expectations from this album now haha. All three songs are so good.

23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Great stuff so far. I wish this album was coming sooner!

Davjs likes this.
  24. chelsealouanne Jun 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 18, 2019)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

I feel that is a fair comparision for their breakthrough. MuchMusic and Canadian radio really rooted for them, right from the start of the homemade Makes No Difference video. They earned their rise and made it internationally far and wide; they were on many international magazine covers, and they are still recognized here for all that they are, They have been nominated and won (Juno) awards here (the Canadian equivalent to the Grammys). They're playing a pretty big outdoor hometown show here soon, but they also do still play club shows here and are able to have sold out shows. When the announcement for the upcoming album was released, big news outlets picked it up, and I always feel a sense of pride when I see this happening still to this day.

Me too! I've held off on anything released since "Out for Blood", but those latest two releases have got me even more with anticipation. Not ready for all the emotions "Never There" will bring!

And on a related note, I haven't been able to get "Crash" out of my head since I woke up this morning.

pbueddi likes this.