Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 - Order In Decline (July 19, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 22, 2019.

1. pbueddi

Trusted

Think we could get a review of the album by someone at some point?

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

tdlyon, Davjs and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  3. I’m digging the new song.

4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This song has top notch lyrics, possibly his best to date.

pbueddi likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah I did not expect anything but I like this song. Could have done without the guitar solo, but that is just me.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That is fantastic to hear. Exactly what I want from them.

7. Davjs

Trusted

Obviously their Chuck and SBM sound is their best and I want more of that, but also....

mattylikesfilms and pbueddi like this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The guitar solo is great! I am definitely liking this song more than anything off of the last album.

Davjs and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

I just got done listening to 13 Voices again and I still really like that album. Murder of Crows, Goddamn, Fake, 13 Voices, Rise and Fall and Twisted by Design would all make my Sum 41 mix. I'm hoping for more heavy though.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. broken22

(:

I'm excited to hear Out For Blood live.

11. Davjs

Trusted

Oh yeah, we should hear it on that rockstar festival with Thrice and Atreyu for sure!

broken22 likes this.
  12. broken22

(:

Goddamn is probably one of the band's best songs. I really love how they let Dave and Tom both shine on it.

Davjs likes this.
  13. broken22

(:

I'm really curious who they bring out for support when they tour for the record.

14. Davjs

Trusted

hopefully System of a Down and Godsmack :heart:

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

System of a Down would be so sick!

16. chelsealouanne

Regular

Not sure how most who enjoy this single, can't get into 13 Voices: they share the same elements. And while on the topic on SBM, it has to be my favourite album of theirs.

He did, and it was all done in his home studio!

tdlyon and Davjs like this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Excited to hear this and very excited to see them next month

bd007h and Davjs like this.
  18. bd007h Apr 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2019)
    bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Apt. 13 was definitely a disappointment after how good Muertos Vivos was, although I did really dig a few songs (namely Radio Hell, Cold, Terpsichore, and Keep You Standing There)

Screaming Bloody Murder was actually originally going to be a Gob song and was written for Muertos Vivos under the name Panic Attack before being re-worked and retitled as the title track to the Sum 41 album.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Love all this Gob talk. Muertos rules; hope they come back again soon.

In the meantime, Out for Blood is just alright, but so were the singles for 13, and that album has a few deep cut bangers on it, so I’m optimistic. More shreds, the better.

bd007h likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms Apr 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 26, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ayyyyyy that's what I like to hear :-)

I think 13 Voices is a mostly great record! The only songs I really don't care for is There Will Be Blood and War. The rest is very solid (yes, even God Save Us All) if you ask me.

Davjs and skurt like this.
  21. DesolateEarth

Birb

Might have to give their last album another spin. Nothing stuck out as memorable but who knows

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I like this. As others have said, like their metal side and the pop-punk side. Never got into SBM but liked 13 Voices and remember hating Underclass Hero at the time - but have come around on that one and really enjoy it.

pbueddi and Jason Tate like this.
  23. BlackwingE

Trusted

Just got my UH vinyl the other day. It's my favorite Sum 41 record, as to me it sounds like the best parts of All Killer No Filler meeting the best of Chuck. I do however think it could've been an even better record if it didn't include Ma Poubelle, and Brownsound were still in the band at the time.

I love their heavy side and I'm stoked for this new album. I also wouldn't mind if they did another pop punk record.

bd007h and pbueddi like this.
  24. pbueddi

Trusted

The black with pink splatter looks awesome as well.

BlackwingE likes this.
  25. BlackwingE

Trusted

Yes. Is there a standard black pressing or is the limited pink splatter the only edition for now?