Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 - Order In Decline (July 19, 2019) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 22, 2019.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Been diving into their discography since this came out. I think this is their most solid album since Chuck.
    Underclass Hero is probably my least favorite, but it's still got a few solid songs. Chuck still holds the throne.

2. Davjs

Trusted

I can say that Never There is their best softie track since Chuck's Pieces.

Heads Will Roll is growing on me and even though it's in the vein of those Green Day inspired tracks from SBM, this one is much better.

Mélange, wisdomfordebris and pbueddi like this.
  3. Indigo

Trusted

Oh noo, I slept on SBM way way too long! This album is so good. Glad their new album sent me back down the rabbit hole.

mattylikesfilms, pbueddi and Davjs like this.
  4. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

That Turning Away riff though.....

pbueddi and Davjs like this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Finally got around to this. It's pretty good, kinda was thinking it would blow me away after all the hype though.

AWasteOfATime and mmhmm like this.
  6. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

It isn't amazing, that's for sure. I'm working hard to find a few songs I really like. But regardless, glad they're still releasing music.

irthesteve likes this.
  7. It's definitely their most consistent album since Chuck. I don't know that I love any of the songs yet, though. May need to give it some more spins.

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

its a fun blender of like every popular rock band from the 2000s (Offspring, green day, muse, alkaline trio) plus some ridiculous guitar work

Davjs likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

What songs sound like Muse? I don't hear that at all :tear:

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

New Sensation absolutely sounds like a Muse rip, cmon

The guitar line is almost directly from Knights Of Cydonia

FTank likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

ohhh, I'll give the third track another listen with that in mind. I wasn't used to Muse playing guitar anymore so it was kind of "outta sight, outta mind" you know?

12. pbueddi

Trusted

Looks like the album will debut at #8 on the charts with around 7,140 units sold (according to hitsdailydouble).

Davjs and Jason Tate like this.
  13. pbueddi

Trusted

@Jason Tate I know there is streaming to factor in as well, but are these numbers good for a band like Sum 41 by today's standards?

14. I think they’ll be happy with it. They’re just not that big/sales are always down. Looks pretty good though, I forgot what NFG did last time but I thought it was like 7-9k.

Davjs and pbueddi like this.
  15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Alkaline Trio sold about 8k of Cursed. They were also top 10 in sales but out of the top 50 on the normal chart that counts streaming. It looked like Sum was gonna be out of the top 50 too

pbueddi and Jason Tate like this.
  16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Heads Will Roll nails that sound better than they’ve managed anywhere else.

17. slimfenix182

Turning Away is taking over as my favorite, it's just killer. I saw someone comment that the intro was very reminiscent of Alkaline Trio's "Time To Waste" which possibly gave it an extra nudge too haha

Davjs, pbueddi and Jason Tate like this.
  18. xthricex

Regular

No love for 45? Song is amazing, one of the best songs on the album.

19. slimfenix182

I think my only very minor thing is sometimes I find myself wishing Eat You Alive had something else at the end. I love the wah part in the middle and it just ends quickly and sooner than I want it to. Just wanting more of a good thing haha

20. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Frank is so good on it

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Tour is announced.

10/28 at Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. I'm pretty sure this is the biggest venue they've headlined here (almost 4,000).

pbueddi likes this.
  22. pbueddi

Trusted

Minneapolis it is then. Thank god it's on a Saturday. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but I guess that's because it's a special event.

23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Bummed about no Chicago date.

24. broken22

(:

I'll be going to the Philly show, but damn it I hate Amity.

25. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah not really into any of the supporting bands.