Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 - Order In Decline (July 19, 2019) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 22, 2019.

1. chelsealouanne

Regular

I won tickets for this show, but ended up not going! It was only like a 30min set, and didn't want to travel from Canada for that length.

slimfenix182 and pbueddi like this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Haha yeah I can feel ya on that.

3. slimfenix182

Lucked out and snagged the last copy at my Target, 2 bonus tracks and a guitar pic

Backup plan was going to Newbury Comics and seeing if they had an autographed one

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. chelsealouanne

Regular

I'm trying to get a copy with the guitar pick, too. So far in Canada where they said they would have them, don't until Tuesday, so hoping the record shop on my way home from work today has it! If not, just gonna get a vinyl.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Picked up a Target copy just now!

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The People Vs. sounds like a really good Offspring song

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I love this album. Best album of theirs since Chuck.

Never There
    Death In The Family
    Turning Away
    Heads Will Roll
    Catching Fire

Top 5 of the album and big standouts

8. pbueddi

Trusted

Those would be my top 5 as well, but in a slightly different order.

TEGCRocco and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  9. slimfenix182

I might like Catching Fire acoustic even more than the album track

10. I dig this album. Need to give it more listens.

bd007h likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

Out For Blood is up to 16 on the Active Rock chart, pretty sure that's the highest it's been

12. pbueddi

Trusted

Wonder if they will get any other songs to chart.

13. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm gonna have to listen to this with all the people saying it's their best since chuck!

pbueddi likes this.
  14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

this album is so over the top but it kind of kicks ass. a nice surprise for sure.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is definitely their most consistent album since Chuck. Also, that live Kerrang concert rules. Awesome to see some deep cuts on it.

bd007h, Davjs and wisdomfordebris like this.
  16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I mean, I think this band is cheesy as fuck and at their worst it’s almost embarrassing, but aside from aspects of The New Sensation and Eat You Alive, this is really fun and better than anything they’ve done this decade and it easily could have been released after Chuck. Never There would have been in every teen show ever.

17. Tomozaurus

Regular

I think I agree this is their best since Chuck. The one complaint I have is the 4 or 5 faster, heavier tracks are all a bit samey and I have a bit of trouble telling them apart.

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

First thing I thought of was their song "Whatsername." Also really great album closer. Great album.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Really enjoying this on first listen.

I fell off on Sum 41 after Chuck almost 15 years ago. Time for me to catch up on the last 4 albums.

20. On my first listen, and it's so satisfying so far. Judging from the snippets (my fault I admit), I wasn't sure how to feel about the slight glam rock/rock'n'roll influences on a few songs but hearing the full thing cleared my doubts. The New Sensation is such a jam, and damn Turning Away has such a sick groove at times. Frank is a beast.

BTDandFeelingThis and pbueddi like this.
  21. pbueddi

Trusted

Not that it is best indicator by any means, but Order In Decline is currently their highest scoring album on Metacritic right now (79).

chelsealouanne likes this.
  22. chelsealouanne Jul 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2019)
    chelsealouanne

Regular

So, I finally was able to have my first listen, since only hearing "Out for Blood".

"Heads Will Roll" is definitely my favourite by far. It reminds me of "Baby You Don't Wanna Know" or "Time for You To Go" from SBM, which could be why it stood out to me most. I was really looking forward to hearing "Never There", because of how personal it is, but the effect over Deryck's vocals is a bit of a letdown. And how about that bridge in The New Sensation, though?! Probably one of the best moments on the album.

I would say top tracks:
    Heads Will Roll
    A Death in the Family
    45 (A Matter of Time)
    Catching Fire (Actually, the acoustic version should have been the one that made the album).

I'm not sure where it stands out to me in their discography just yet, but I think I need to give the album some more listens.

ZooZooChaCha, bd007h and Tomozaurus like this.
  23. Fox83

Trusted

Deryck sounds so good live these days. He used to sound really rough especially through his rough years of addiction. I watched this whole performance. Definitely need to see them live again.

24. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah he was not good towards the end of the SMB cycle.