Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 - Order In Decline (July 19, 2019) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Apr 22, 2019.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Between wanting heavier Sum and how much it sounds like Green Day and other bands at times, I tend to think of Underclass as a guilty pleasure but I don't think it's a bad album at all

bd007h, BackyardHero11 and pbueddi like this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Count your Blessings is such a good track.

The album art? It's just green with drawings of kids on it right? It's alright but doesn't really do anything for me when I see it.

3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

There's a low pass filter on his voice in the verses (essentially filters out a lot of the higher end frequencies). It gives it that darker, muddier sound that normally would bother me, but I think works really well for this song.

pbueddi likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Happy release day-ish (tomorrow). Excited to give this a first listen now that it’s on Apple Music.

Davjs and pbueddi like this.
  5. Kuri44

Great album. Was not expecting Catching Fire, so good.

bd007h and pbueddi like this.
  6. tomtom94

Trusted

Catching Fire is damn, damn good. Think the second half of the album is a bit stronger than the first. But this band have very much found their second wind and they deserve all the praise that should be coming to them.

I mean seriously, and in a positive way, it's hard to believe that this the same band that released Ma Poubelle or What We're All About.

7. pbueddi

Trusted

Deryck has always been one of my favorite song writers. So happy for him and the band. They really seem to be in a good place right now.

8. slimfenix182

9. pbueddi

Trusted

10. broken22

(:

I love Steve O but damn it Frank is fantastic.

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

This album is fucking great.

bd007h and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

This rips

13. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Thought this was really good on my first listen while getting ready this morning. Heads Will Roll and Catching Fire were the two unreleased songs that stuck out most. Can't wait to dive back in for more. Cool to see Sum 41 putting something out that's this good after all of these years.

14. slimfenix182

I think you had to preorder for acoustic tracks but I'm hoping Target has them today anyways. They had two b-sides and two acoustic for 13 Voices, I want that acoustic Catching Fire

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Same thoughts here, what a perfect replacement.

bd007h and broken22 like this.
  16. jorbjorb

7 rings

Never There is an amazing song. Just as good as Dear Father.

333 GANG and bd007h like this.
  17. pbueddi

Trusted

Dear Father doesn't even come close imo.

333 GANG and jorbjorb like this.
  18. pbueddi

Trusted

Target copies should have the acoustic tracks no matter what.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  19. broken22

(:

I urge everybody here to go see them when they tour for this album, ever since Dave came back they seem to be on a whole other level live.

20. pbueddi

Trusted

Im tempted to go to that Minneapolis show they announced, but at the same time I want to wait to see if there is a Minneapolis or Milwaukee date on the actual tour.

21. broken22

(:

I'm curious to how they are going to do it since they are playing major cities this summer.

22. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

This rules. I liked 13 Voices a lot, but this is more consistent for me. Really hope I get a chance to see them live one day.

bd007h, Davjs and pbueddi like this.
  23. pbueddi

Trusted

Aren't those shows part of some festival or something?

24. broken22

(:

Yess.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Hopefully their tour gets announced shortly after Disrupt ends on 7/28.

pbueddi likes this.