Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 - 13 Voices (October 7, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Yeah as much as I like this album, I wouldn't rank 9/10 songs above anything from Infected/Chuck/Underclass/SBM. The exception being Goddamn.

2. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

hopefully someone with an itunes japan account can buy the two OTHER bonus tracks that exist:

11. "War" (Featuring Taka of One Ok Rock)
    16. "Radio Radio" (cover of Elvis Costello's original song)

AlwaysEvolving21 and Daniel182 like this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Holy through Happiness could be my favorite thing in their discography. Adding those last two songs really hurt the album as a whole but I wish it got more love.

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  4. slimfenix182

I guess SBM did 15k first week and 52k total so hopefully Dave coming back helps them do better.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I don't like SBM very much tbh, but after hearing and enjoying the new album, I'm willing to give that album another shot. I missed Dave on the last two releases and think that a majority of my new-found enjoyment comes from his presence.

6. pbueddi

Trusted

Id put twisted by design for sure

7. Fox83

Trusted

I actually just put together 20 Sum 41 songs to see where I'd stack up any songs on this album, and this is with zero songs from SBM on it, which might not be entirely accurate, I don't know yet. I held off on placing any 13 Voices songs on the list first to see where I landed. I thought I had room for Twisted By Design at least because I was at 19 songs total, until I realized I forgot to include songs off of Half Hour of Power. Now I'm all kinds of conflicted. I thought this would be an easy exercise.

8. DannyZach

Trusted

1.Chuck 2.DTLI 3.13voices 4.HHOP 5.AKNF 6.UH 7.SBM

9. pbueddi

Trusted

ill do the same when i have time. it will be interesting to see. not sure if i will have any off SBM either, even though i do like that album.

Fox83 likes this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

1. Chuck
    2. Underclass Hero
    3. 13 Voices
    4. Does This Look Infected?
    5. Screaming Bloody Murder
    6. All Killer No Filler
    7. Half Hour Of Power

11. Kuri44

1. Does This Look Infected?
    2. Chuck
    3. Underclass Hero
    4. All Killer No Filler
    5. Half Hour of Power
    6. Screaming Bloody Murder
    7. 13 Voices

12. slimfenix182

1. Chuck
    2. All Killer No Filler
    3. Does This Look Infected
    4. Screaming Bloody Murder
    5. 13 Voices
    6. Half Hour Of Power
    7. Underclass Hero

13 will move up, how far not sure. I love it after one listen.

13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

1. Chuck
    2. DTLI
    3. 13 Voices
    4. AKNF
    5. UH
    6. HHOP
    7. SBM

14. Davjs

Trusted

So my top 20 Sum songs are in (no order):
    No Reason
    We're All To Blame
    Angels with Dirty Faces
    The Bitter End
    Some Say
    Open Your Eyes
    Welcome to Hell
    I'm Not the One
    88 :-)
    Pieces
    Still Waiting
    No Brains
    Mr. Amsterdam
    Reason to Believe
    Screaming Bloody Murder
    Jessica Kill
    Holy Image of Lies
    Sick of Everyone
    Happiness Machine
    Count Your Last Blessings

Probably easy to tell what style of Sum 41 songs I like most and which albums are my favorite :-) Goddamn I'm dead again is probably the closed on the new album to making the top, but I don't know what song I'd sub out.

15. Davjs

Trusted

oh, and album ranking:

Chuck
    SBM
    DTLI
    13 Voices
    All Filler
    Underclass
    Half Hour

So many people like the sound of the new album but aren't big on SBM which is funny because they are the most similar in sound.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Shit, didn't realize this was out. I'm ready to hear Dave's influence in this band again. Does he get a chance to shine on this album?

17. pbueddi

Trusted

i think 13 voices is maybe a bit more fleshed out than SBM.

Davjs likes this.
  18. DannyZach

Trusted

Exactly my case....13voices just has something what I missing on SBM.yea there is some similar lines with SBM but also lot of things reminds me Chuck and chorus in Fake my own death reminds me DTLI and I can't say this about any song from SBM

Davjs likes this.
  19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Yes he does. You can definitely tell he's back

Davjs likes this.
  20. pbueddi

Trusted

Here are my 20 in no particular order. Keep in mind that a few more from 13 voices may be switched in over time.

fat lip
    in too deep
    handle this
    no reason
    open your eyes
    pieces
    subject to change
    the hell song
    over my head (better off dead)
    still waiting
    no brains
    underclass hero
    speak of the devil
    with me
    best of me
    twisted by design
    screaming bloody murder
    holy image of lies
    back where i belong
    no apologies

21. Fox83

Trusted

Since no one has ranked close to my preference, I'll put mine out there:

All Killer No Filler
    DTLI
    Chuck
    Half Hour of Power
    13 Voices (I think, I may revisit Underclass Hero.)
    Underclass Hero
    SBM

No one has listed All Killer No Filler as their No. 1 album so far. I didn't expect the majority to do it or anything, but I'm surprised I'm the first. I'm not saying the album takes the crown by a landslide or anything, but it's just one of those perfect pop punk albums for me. There really aren't any duds on there, and nearly every song has insanely memorable hooks. It's just one of those albums that can't be replicated because it was a product of its era. I'd put it alongside Allister's Last Stop Suburbia, Zebrahead's MFZB, blink's Enema of the State, MxPx's Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo, etc etc. -- not in terms of it being a "classic" or anything. I just find myself always going back to it and never skipping a track. It never lets up from beginning to end. I love that album.

22. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

AKNF is definitely a perfect pop-punk album, and the first album I ever fell in love with. Chuck and DTLI? are my faves, but AKNF has a special place in my heart. I'm stoked to check out the new album this weekend.

Davjs and Fox83 like this.
  23. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Haven't had much time with this yet, but on first listen, I like it more than SBM.

First Ditch Effort, RevRad and this will be on repeat for the next few weeks methinks.

smoke4thecaper and JRGComedy like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Nice! If we get a lot of people to do this, I wonder if Open Your Eyes and No Brains will be on everyone's. Those are two of my favs.

AKNF is a great album, I just tend to like the heavier/fast punk stuff better than the lighter/poppier side even though I love it all from this band.

Fox83 likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Some random thoughts about the band:
    It always seemed to me that Dave was the most metal one in the band. I wonder if losing him is what influenced the sound of Underclass. I feel with that album they tried to go back to the sound of AKNF a lot. SBM sounds like the album that should have come right after Chuck.

I can't explain how happy I was when I first heard Motivation live. My favorite song from them is 88 and the best part of that song is that outro jam they do. I know better than to think they'd play it live so them working in the ending jam into Motivation was amazing and surprisingly fits really well.

Those are my random thoughts.

inwaves likes this.