Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 - 13 Voices (October 7, 2016) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Davjs Jan 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2018)
    Davjs

Trusted

I normally agree with you on Sum 41, Finch and Senses Fail takes but I like What Am I To Say too. I agree with the two Greenday songs though.

I don't think those are terrible songs, they just belong on another album. SBM is my second favorite Sum album behind Chuck and just a little in front of DTLI?

mattylikesfilms and inwaves like this.
  2. Unpopular opinion but Underclass Hero is a top 4 Sum 41 for me. My top 4 are probably Infected,Chuck, All Kill No Filler and Underclass.

pbueddi likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I don’t mind the song at all but I don’t think it’s anything special either. I always skip it. I see “Crash” as the ballad for the record.

As for the two Green Day songs (honestly.. they sound like Green Day); I agree. On their own, they’re fine. However, they do not mesh well on the record at all and it only hurts the flow.

pbueddi and Davjs like this.
  4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I much prefer Crash than What Am I to Say.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Those songs don't sound at all like Green Day to me and GD is my favorite band

But yeah my top 3 Sum 41 albums are Chuck, UH and SBM which I know is unpopular (even more unpopular is that AKNF was my least favorite until 13 Voices came out)

6. pbueddi

Trusted

top 3, no order: Chuck, Underclass, 13 Voices

BlackwingE likes this.
  7. DannyZach

Trusted

Top3? CHUCK,DTLI,13 Voices. Least? UH and SBM

8. Davjs

Trusted

When I said sound like GD, I didn't mean they sound like the Dookie era GD but later GD.

This album came out after 21st Century Breakdown and my first reaction to those two songs are that they could have been written for 21st CB.

tdlyon likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Top three is easily for me:

3) 13 Voices
    2) Screaming Bloody Murder
    1) Chuck

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

chuck, dtli, aknf

popdisaster00 likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms Jan 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2018)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That Dave guitar solo in “Goddamn I’m Dead Again” makes me feel things every single time I listen to it. Maybe it’s because of Deryck’s story or maybe it’s because Dave is back- I don’t know.

13 Voices definitely has a few tracks that are more on the “meh I guess I won’t skip it” side of things but some of their best songs ever are on that record in my opinion.

Davjs, JRGComedy and slimfenix182 like this.
  12. I haven't given 13 Voices much of a shot to be honest.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would recommend it. The only two tracks I think are lackluster are “War” and “God Save Us All” (but even this track gets me pumped once in a while musically).

inwaves likes this.
  14. pbueddi

Trusted

i like "war" because of what it means in terms of deryck's recent struggles.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Finally got around to making a playlist without Time For You To Go and Baby You Don't Wanna Know and I really do love the whole rest of SBM.

1. Chuck
    2. SBM
    3. DTLI

Davjs, mattylikesfilms and pbueddi like this.
  16. chelsealouanne

Regular

Just catching up since the last time I posted here; BYDWK and Time For You To Go are two of my favourites off SBM, but then again, I am very partial to this album, as it is my favourite, if not, second. I have to listen to it in it's entirety. To me, it was 13 Voices before it was released - just in terms of lyric content, what Deryck was going through at the time, pretty much everything that lead to his rock bottom, which then became the concept album, 13 Voices.

I always have a difficult time ranking albums, but I do know where SBM sits. I always want to say SBM, Chuck, AKNF.

pbueddi likes this.