Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 – “Fake My Own Death” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 28, 2016.

1. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

That chorus is so 2004. Also, I've really enjoyed the bridge. Not a big fan of the video, though.

2. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

This is very, very good!

3. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Very "Chuck"-esq, which is probably the only album by them I got really into....the nostalgia still stings when if I listen to it, that thump in the throat heh.

Anyways....yeah, this is a decent track. Very much the sound/vibe I wanted them to go in, and now that Brownsound's back....it seems they're going to fulfill that wish.

Prediction:This album is a million times better than *anything* on Blinks new record.

Davjs likes this.
  4. Nope. :up:

FTank and NotBruce like this.
  5. BringsTheAwesome

Call me crazy, but why does everything have to be a competition? Why are we comparing music that's not even out yet? Can we not enjoy both without constantly making everything an "Us vs them" mentality?

Just a thought.

AshlandATeam, FTank and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I gotta say, really enjoy it. Deryck has a surprisingly good ear for catchy choruses.

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  7. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Smart of them to immediately release the track after it got leaked.

Raku likes this.
  8. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

can we talk about the music video?

9. silentc

Regular

They said they released this song just so we have something to hear from the new album but this won't be the first single

10. silentc

Regular

There's a lot going on

Raku likes this.
  11. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

the new Blink 182 album is generally very well received. for this to be a million times better, it'd have to be president.

FTank and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. Kizwiz

Regular

This song is great. Even if you dislike it, it's so good to see Brownsound back and Deryck being alive and well.

13. pbueddi

Trusted

lol people need to get over the album art, especially if the music is good like this. i think sum 41 and good charlotte are benefitting from not being on major labels any more. I always felt like both bands had it in them to make a really good record. this song and all of GC's new stuff so far has been really good.

Kizwiz likes this.
  14. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Best moment is Bernie Sanders hitting the right hook on Donald Trump at the 1:44ish mark.

Guitar riff reminds me of Refused.

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

cool comeback from whibley

16. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

what the heck was that music video and why did they wait until the end to include the crying jordan

17. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Surprised at how much I like this. If it weren't for YC and MCS going away, 2016 would be the new 2002.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  18. Boucher187

Been waiting for this song for a long time and it does not disappoint. Can not wait for the album to drop!

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Guess I didn't love this as much as everyone else. Bummer. I like the chorus but am not a fan of the verses at all. Video is cool, though.

Raku likes this.
  20. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This is the best material since Chuck imo, and it greatly raised my excitement for the record.

21. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

That video was exactly what I'd expect from the Sum41 I use to be all about. If the album sounds like what I expect it to, I'll definitely have it "spinning" on Apple Music for a few solid days.

But dude @Jason Tate did really just throw Thrice into this thread and almost derail it completely? Haha. Agreed though, new thrice was solid.. But didn't stand out enough for me to want to listen to it often.

22. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

This is actually reallyreally good.

23. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Raku likes this.
  24. delvec19

Trusted

Agreed. Brownsound just makes them complete. Underclass was ok...Screaming was awful IMO.

Kizwiz and heymynameisjoe like this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Never thought about it this way but 100% agree.

M/M is awesome. Having songs like Yellowbelly, Cataracts, Call It In the Air and Words in the Water all on the same album could be jarring for casual fans because they are so different. It also has some of their best playing on it instrumental wise.

I love it. Has really well shot band performance shots and is pretty funny for the simple idea. Has the rewatchability factor for sure, I keep noticing new things.

It can't be awful if it had Jessica Kill, Screaming Bloody Murder and Holy Images of Lies on it. The phrase you are looking for is "not their best".

mattylikesfilms likes this.