Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 – “Fake My Own Death” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 28, 2016.

1. SayHello

Regular

Not bad! It's interesting. Hoping a few tracks emphasize more of a hook / chorus though.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Fox83, Matt504, Colby Searcy and 2 others like this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Heck of a song right there. Love the guitar work. They're back!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Not gonna lie, it makes me so happy to see how much better Deryck is looking again

Fox83, pbueddi, Schooner and 7 others like this.
  5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I waited for Apt 13 for so long... It didn't live up to my expectations :(. Merton Vivos is one of my favorite records and the two before that are amazing pop punk albums. I hope we get at least one more record from them, even if it's on par with Apt.

bd007h likes this.
  6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i just paused new blink 182 to listen to new sum 41. what the fuck year is this.

7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Yeah aside from Radio Hell, New York, and Keep You Standing There Apt 13 was meh... I love Muertos Vivos, Foot In Mouth Disease, and The World According to Gob.

8. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I was hoping for another album like Muertos Vivos in Apt 13 but oh well lol

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Tight.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wow! This is really solid. Brownsound is crushing it, Deryck looking so healthy really makes me happy, and this song is bad ass. This record can't come soon enough!

Davjs and Kizwiz like this.
  11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Seriously :(. But the Sum video is very funny, although the lyrics are pretty unintelligible. For some reason I feel sad that Dave is back but Steve is gone. I'm surprised Tom tolerates being sent to the back of the stage after putting in like 7 years.

12. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Thrice is the best band in the world. And this song proves why. Thrice evolves while other bands that were gone just as long are unable to make something new and interesting. I once loved this band too. Glad DW is on the mend, though, especially with Brownsound back in the fold.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  13. My hopes for this album have suddenly skyrocketed.

14. joshuaharris

Kind of what I was expecting. Heavy guitars. Not a bad song.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just listened to the song three more times to make sure it's indeed badass.

It is. Welcome back boys.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

With three guitarists in the fold, I'm sure the record is going to be heavy metal insanity and I'm all for it.

17. Thrice just released the safest record of their careers ...

Jose, BornToRun, FTank and 4 others like this.
  18. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Have you heard Major/minor?

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Holy shit this is heavy

All we need is Green Day to drop an album (which actually has a very good chance of happening) and this year will be the best in probably a decade for pop-punk

Jose likes this.
  20. ZeoVGM

Regular

Underclass Hero is easily their worst album. It was the band trying hard to go backwards to their old sound while sounding FAR too familiar to specific blink and Green Day songs. And even rehashing their own stuff.

Chuck was the definition of growth.

21. ZeoVGM

Regular

I'm really excited for a new Green Day album. The trilogy they did was so disappointing but there's a solid album if you take 12-14 tracks from all three.

I fully believe the band has one more album in them that can land like American Idiot did.

tdlyon likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Lol there's so much going on in that video. Second time through I noticed Trevor from GTA playing an acoustic with the band and Deryck had a Guitar Hero controller at one point.

Raku likes this.
  23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is really good. I like it a lot, instantly.

24. BringsTheAwesome

Chuck was my favorite release by Sum 41. Front to back, it was their best album in my opinion. This song has me pumped to see what the future has in store!

New blink this Friday. Sum 41 preorder today. What a time to be alive!! The 14 year old version of myself is smiling so big right now!