Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sum 41 – “45” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Fire

Raku likes this.
  3. pbueddi

Trusted

I love that they took the effort to film a video for all of the songs released so far.

Davjs, Raku and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I agree. A lot better than the typical lyric videos that we get these days for most songs.

That being said, I think I'm pretty confident this album isn't for me at this point. 1/4 for me so far ("Never There" is the only track I like).

5. pbueddi

Trusted

Dang that's sad to hear! What don't you like about it?

6. JoshRaptorTire

My Dinosaur Life

Yeah I dig the singles so far over pretty much all of 13 voices.

Davjs and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  7. Raku

Regular

It's the opposite for me, "Never There" is the only song I dislike release so far from this upcoming album. That being said though, I do wish they would at least have a few songs that embraced their roots like they did with the 'Underclass Hero' era. Sum 41 are a great Alt rock band, but I really prefer their Pop Punk/Punk stuff.

pbueddi likes this.
  8. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

These singles all feel very 'My First Heavy Riff'-esque, if that were to be a thing...

Raku, BigMouth and BornToRun like this.
  9. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

That is the perfect description! haha

cosmickid likes this.
  10. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Loved every song so far, not a bad one in the bunch. Going to be a complete album full of heavy, soft, melodic...all the elements I love about Sum 41.

pbueddi likes this.
  11. I wish he wrote some lyrics that were more thoughtful/interesting to cut down one of the worst modern presidents.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

That riff deserves better than the Mad Libs lyrics. Goddamn, that thing is gonna sounds titanic live.

13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

It's hard to put a finger on it, but I think it's mostly the vocals. The rap-style vocals don't jive with me at all (never have, even going back to "Fat Lip"), the distorted vocals don't do it for me either, and I'm not finding the lyrics particularly relatable. It's like this album is all my least favorite aspects of Chuck (which is an album I enjoy). I'm also not particularly a fan of alt rock/metal, so the guitar riffs are just kind of ok to me. The chorus of "A Death In The Family" is the only aspect I've enjoyed of the three releases outside of "Never There" which I enjoy.
    I feel the same way about the punk stuff being my favorite Sum 41 stuff. I don't mind the metal stuff slipping in, and I like variety (Underclass Hero swung too far to the pop-punk side for me), but this one just goes too far for me.

I still like the band, and I'm glad to see that everyone else is really enjoying these songs. They're just not for me.

Raku and pbueddi like this.
  14. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Well I think it’s pretty sick