Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sully (Clint Eastwood,September 9th 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 29, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Ken likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Looks interesting. I didn't know he was heavily investigated after the landing.

3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, I'm unfamiliar with the background after the landing as well. Looks like it might be a nice watch, as long as there are no fake babies on the set.

4. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I love Tom Hanks. This looks great, excited to see it. Bridge of Spies might have been my favourite movie outside of Star Wars last year.

5. If there isn't a fake baby then I don't want to see it.

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

this movie looks so fuckin good yo

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was pretty good. Pretty straightforward drama that's really helped by the wonderful rapport between Hanks and Eckart.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I will probably be thinking about this the entire time

9. If nothing else, I'm sure Hanks is good in it. I want to watch mostly for him.

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I find it hard to come up with a reason to see a Clint Eastwood directed film in 2016. He's made maybe an interesting movie and a half in the last 9 years, and doesn't seem at all like the same person who made Letters From Iwo Jima.

gonz (Alex) and Jason Tate like this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This movie looks like gahhhhbage

12. Morrissey

Trusted

It will probably end up as one of the most underappreciated movie of the year. Eastwood has trouble staying away from his more grandiose tearjerker moments at the end, but this is the kind of economical and riveting filmmaking that is completely absent from mainstream movies over the last decade. It is only a handful of these directors left (Spielberg is another) and then we are going to be left with 300 million dollar superhero movies and 200,000 dollar art films. Other than a deserved line near the end, the film does a tremendous job of using our national remembrance of September 11th in the imagery of the things the pilot feared would happen and the ways in which New Yorkers responded on the day that the plane went down. A lot of recent Eastwood films have not even been worth trying, but this is probably his best work in a decade.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just got back from this. Really enjoyed it. Hanks and Eckhart were great.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was truly better than expec- oh shit credits scenes aren’t over!