Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Suicide Squad (David Ayer, 2016) Movie • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

If it came down to scheduling, like that report claims, I've gotta believe Deadshot is in the script. Which, there's a ton of time to write him out, but since he's probably the most consistent member of this roster from the 80s through today, it'd be a bummer to see him left out. I'd rather see 'em recast, tbh.

Glad to see that one previous report of Harley not returning turned out to not be true.

Davjs and Colby Searcy like this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am ambivalent about Will Smith leaving. He was good, but the thought of someone else taking a stab at the character gives me no regret whatsoever. I actually think the entire cast was great with the exception of Jared Leto, and to a lesser extent Cara Delevingne. The cast was not the problem with the movie.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

They’re gonna make Harley the main character

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

My only Suicide Squad knowledge comes from seeing the movie, but I feel like they should recast the part of Deadshot if Will Smith dropped out as opposed to just writing the character out.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

RyanPm40 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  6. Interesting

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Interested to see him play off the comedy stuff.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm not a suicide squad, but could you not just replace Deadshot with a different character? Really dislike recasting characters in a franchise, especially when it's arguably THE MAIN character.

Davjs likes this.
  9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

They should bring back Jai as Boomerang. He was the one character that I felt was so-bad-its-good. Just fucking show more scenes of him doing ridiculous shit with his boomerangs.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Tim

Deadshot might be the DC character most associated with Suicide Squad historically (though now he'd be second to Harley only 'cause Harley's basically the fourth member of DC's Trinity these days, lol). And, while Will Smith was good... The first Suicide Squad was bad, Idris Elba is great, & James Gunn is great.

I'm perfectly content with treating this as a soft reboot that's not slavish to continuity but also doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Letting some (Academy Award winning) trash film keep us from some Elba Deadshot action would be lame.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New characters!

-King Shark, aka Nanaue, a humanoid shark.
    -Polka-Dot Man, a character usually called Mr. Polka-Dot in the comics. His real name is Abner Krill, and he wears “a bizarre costume covered in spots, the point of which soon became apparent – once removed from the costume, the spots could be used for a variety of purposes, creating deadly weapons and a bizarre escape vehicle.”
    -Peacemaker, real name Christopher Smith. He’s a peace agent whose “motives are driven by an extremist form of pacifism, which makes him love peace so much he would kill for it.”
    -Ratcatcher, aka Otis Flannegan. In the comics, the character is male, but Collider says Ratcatcher. “will be gender-swapped and played by a woman.” A former exterminator, Ratcatcher can control rats.

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Some of those characters sound wack af lol

14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm not confident about seeing a King Shark that looks better than the one in the Flash after what they did with Killer Croc

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Just you wait there's plenty more where that came from in the comics

16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

We do not know if any of the cast will be returning at this point, do we...? Like just because these new characters are in the film does not necessarily mean none of the others are, right?

17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Slipknot is coming back right

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Yeah, who could forget...*squints at notes*...Slipknot

Kuri44 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If he doesn't, we all push our fingers into our eyes

slimfenix182 and Davjs like this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Gunn wants Bautista to play Peacemaker

coleslawed, Kuri44 and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Rooker plays the Joker or I'm fucking out

22. Tim

This Suicide Squad is directed by the guy who did the Guardians films.

Last Suicide Squad was directed by the guy who went on to do Bright.

23. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Both are good

Davjs likes this.
  24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I feel pretty good about then haha

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Davjs likes this.