Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Suicide Squad (David Ayer, 2016) Movie • Page 62

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Yeah the pur thing was super awkward. Unfortunately, not something the joker hadn't done before.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

slimfenix182, Henry and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

"To prepare for this role Jared Leto actually attended clown school and really tried human flesh."

carrytheweight likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Can we please change the title of this thread to, "Acadamy Award Winner: Suicide Squad"? Thank you.

chewbacca110, Colby Searcy and Davjs like this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Well now I’m interested.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Fuck yea Michael Rooker cameo!

RyanPm40 and Davjs like this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It’s a good fit

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Especially since they made the first Suicide Squad look like a cheap GOTG imitation anyway

RyanPm40 and Jusscali like this.
  10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It'll be interesting to see what he brings to this after putting so much of himself into the Guardians films. I wouldn't want just a remake of Guardians on earth. Guardians 2 is my current favorite live action comic book film, though, so I'm hopeful that he'll find some compelling angle.

I wonder how on the nose he gets in treating the Suicide Squad characters as an analogue for his own personal journey. I still err towards believing he grew up before all that crap went down, but we'll surely be able to see how he really feels and who he really is when this film comes out. Like, will these characters wrestle with the effects of their past actions?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

It will most likely have a banging fucking soundtrack.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Certainly not as on the nose this time

13. Davjs

Trusted

I know its unpopluar but I hope we get Leto's Joker back. Feel like we didn't get to see enough to really judge but I liked his crazy gangster thing they had going. He just needs to relax on the behind the scenes stuff and act like a grown up.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I didn’t like a single aspect of his Joker. Hope it’s recast.

Just act like the first movie didn’t happen. Total reboot other than Margot

awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

I loved the whole cast, you want them to even recast Deadshot?

16. Davjs

Trusted

I also wonder since this is coming out after Birds of Prey, will they have Joker in it or explain what happened after he broke her out? Or will they just pretend like SS1 never happened.

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The first Suicide Squad was trash that only needs acknowledged in that vague way that Fox's X-Men films kinda connect. But, a lot of the cast was strong. Keep Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang, & Amanda Waller.

Don't reference Joker at all. Have a throwaway line, if that, in Birds of Prey & leave it at that. Pretend that never happened. And also ditch Killer Croc. Either significantly downplay or abandon Rick Flag. Either make Katana an actual main character in the reduced cast, or ditch her for now (maybe to be used elsewhere). I guess Enchantress is already done? Don't think I'm forgetting anyone else.

Then give the field team of Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang, and maybe Katana a couple new players to work with. Poison Ivy would be a strong addition. Deathstroke is a fair option. Wouldn't mind Killer Frost. Heck, Black Manta? Didn't see Aquaman yet, don't know where they left him there.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I really want them to keep Katana, her look was spot on and they can do some awesome stuff with her. I don't know why she was even in SS1, but she was not done justice at all besides her look.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Rick Flag was super weak and he should be the one designated to a small roll IMO. I agree with @Tim though about Waller, Deadshot and Boomerrang, they were all so good in a bad movie.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

22. DarkHotline

Cast Donald Glover

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

just leave out the character. He's not integral to the team at all.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Just don’t make a sequel because the first one was 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Just make the first movie a dream