Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Suicide Squad (David Ayer, 2016) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Haven't seen those articles but would love it if that was the case, such a great story!

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Doesn't sound like it at all. That story is very fresh too, so I'm not sure how that would work.

3. Yeah, from what I've read about it, it doesn't sound like they're taking story elements from it. Maybe that one scene really is more of a visual homage than anything.

4. The stories about Heath were much different before his death.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

with lex sending people jars of piss and the joker sending people used condoms, is darkseid just gonna throw a bag of poop at the justice league

ChaseTx and Tim like this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Cherry bombs in their mailboxes.

Nathan likes this.
  7. It's a little insulting how they've been blatantly trying to recreate the buzz around Ledger's Joker.

The on-set therapist was borderline ridiculous, especially now that they're trying to market it as "light and fun."

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, Heath locked himself in a hotel room for a month and wrote in a diary -- don't think he sent anyone dead animals and bodily fluids.

9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I honestly didn't hear anything about TDK until it came out

But then I also didn't know Batman Begins existed until my family went to see it, so I guess I wasnt really following stuff back then

10. younglikeme

ii // YLM

Oh different approaches for sure but both drastic ones none the less designed to put them in the special mindset needed for the role of Joker... or that's how I always took it...

jkauf likes this.
  11. Nathan

Sure if Jared Leto's idea of the Joker is the same as a 14 year old boy who plays a ton of GTAV and loves Daniel Tosh

12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I always felt like, both before and after his death, Heath's preparation for the character was talked about with respect. Whereas Leto is basically being heralded for behaving like a 14 year old gamergate enthusiast

airik625, Nathan and Why Bother? like this.
  13. drstrong

I'm Back.

How much of Ledger's preparation came out BEFORE he died? I don't even think he was alive to see the release of TDK.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I honestly don't remember. Either way though, it doesn't change that Leto crossed the line into disgusting and disrespectful territory

16. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

younglikeme likes this.
  17. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I'd be excited about a bunch of time jumps because there's such rich history between the characters & well, more Batman is something I'm never unhappy about. Also, makes sense why none of us could figure out the continuity based on the trailer haha

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Why are people so abhorrently condemning what Leto did? Do you think he actually took each condom, wore them, fucked other people, then sent them to co workers? I'm sure they were opened, and maybe even tampered with, but it's all for the hype of the movie. If a friend of yours jokingly gave you something like this, you say gross! ew! what the hell is wrong with you? And then you go on living. Not seeing this movie over some method acting is the most ridiculous thing i've read today.

Broxi, RyanPm40 and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. Nathan

I'm not so much "abhorrently condemning" it as thinking its outrageously dumb and makes Leto come off as an insufferable douche who is far from good enough an actor to put up with this bullshit

20. T.J.

music and baseball.

I really don't see anything wrong with what Leto did. I don't know him personally or worked with him on this movie. I am not on the inside, so my opinion doesn't shift one way or the other. Perhaps it was an inside joke that I couldn't possibly get or all the other actors were disgusted by it. But sitting behind my computer screen reading about it doesn't give me much insight or context.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

22. Nathan

Chip Zdarsky is a gift to us all

Tim likes this.
  23. Nathan

You know what, I'll give Leto a little credit. His Joker seems to me like if 4chan came to life, and I don't know if anything is more disturbing and terrifying than that

Tim likes this.
  24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I don't know him personally, but whatever his method is seems to work fine. Very few movies say otherwise.

30stm, that is a different story.

younglikeme likes this.
  25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious