Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Suicide Squad (David Ayer, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Ugh.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

HAHA

3. It already looked like fun. They have a chance to do something cool with this, so I hope the re-shoots don't ruin that. If you're going to hire David Ayer to direct, stick to your guns!

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

What lol

5. Colby Searcy

I'm pretty sure that's a joke and not serious.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's coming out soon, no way that's true.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. April Fools is tomo, so good chance it's joke.

9. KGEich

Newbie Prestigious

That has to be fake

10. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

WB seems to be really good at over-correcting. Superman Returns was criticized for being light on action and Green Lantern was criticized for being too comedic. On the other hand they had a Batman series doing well, so they decided to release a Superman movie with no humor (or heart) and lots of exploding shit.

But it still fell slightly short of expectations, so they said "it's not doing well because it's not dark enough, Nolan's movies were dark and made billions, make this darker. Oh, and throw Batman in there, and make him dark, dark and gritty. This movie just has to be dark, like no sunlight, overcast all the time. We need to put Darkwing Duck, Darkman, and Damiem Dahrk in the movie too, people NEED FUCKING DARK"

Then the criticisms come and WB is like

"Did you guys SEE DEADPOOL!?!?! That's what the kids WANT!!!! Call David Ayer, tell him to make the movie funny, people want funny <snorts line>!!! The Dark Knight made a billion dollars, put more Joker in there!! Put a lot of cursing and dick jokes like Deadpool!! Cast Melissa McCarthy or Kevin Hart in a role, we can add them in post. Do we own 22 Jump Street? Can they be a part of this universe?!?!"

Sorry for the rant...David Ayer knows what he is doing, let him make his movie. WB needs to stop fucking with their franchise!!!

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  11. KimmyGibbler

This whole story might be false, but if it is, I promise you they will want to go for an R rating.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Already confirmed it's not gonna happen. PG-13 it is.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Oh yeah? Damn, I was holding out hope that there still might be a chance for an R rating.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol remember when they announced they brought on an on-set therapist for this movie

15. KimmyGibbler

Wow I don't remember reading that haha.

16. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Gonna assume this news is fake until April 2nd

17. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I kinda hope Suicide Squad isn't going to be PG-13 when it's all said and done, I feel like that may be it's downfall.

18. Granted it's a different creative team than BVS, but I am not looking forward to this movie at all. I really have just about zero faith in WB to make a solid universe at this point. Just the line alone from Harley Quinn about the voices in her head let me know everything I think I'll need to know about this movie.

19. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

The marvel vs DC comments in that article are hilarious

Did we ever find out if this was real?

20. KimmyGibbler

See I always looked forward to this movie more than BvS. I like David Ayer and it has a really good cast. The trailers have been awesome!

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The reshoots are about bringing levity and character moments to the film. More character is not a bad thing, and in fact is the biggest problem with BvS, a movie where Superman and Wonder Woman don't exchange one line of dialogue. If WB is moving to better emphasize character and work in reshoots that make the people we're seeing onscreen more fun to be around, I think it's a good thing. We'll see how it's executed.

Tim and ChaseTx like this.
  22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Definitely more interested in this than I was in BvS and am for JL. Only DCCU films more exciting to me are Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I think it's just going to be a generally good time.

23. Believe me, I want it to be good. My buddy and I constantly comment how awesome it is that so many of these comic book film are being made and I don't want it to end any time soon. I enjoyed the last trailer a bit, but I'm not sold on Harley Quinn (I might just have too much of the cartoon version in my head) ... and I'm not really feeling Will Smith. I like Smith just fine but I feel he's too "big" of an actor to be in this type of ensemble film. Hopefully I'm totally wrong and the movie slays ... I'd be just fine with that.

24. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I believe him