Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sugarcult Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ryan Milliken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Perfect album intro

airik625 and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Just now getting around to listening to the bonus track on Start Static, and while I do enjoy them - I'm glad they decided to make those B-sides or bonus tracks. They don't fit with the rest of the album at all. And holy shit it's still hard to believe this is the 20th anniversary.

3. TheJMan

Trusted

Those tracks are actually from their album “Wrap Me Up In Plastic” which came up before Start Static. That album actually had I believe 5 or 6 tracks that ended up being re-recorded for Start Static.

airik625 likes this.
  4. irthesteve

What tracks did they have as bonus tracks? I love Wrap Me Up In Plastic, but yeah the songs are pretty different overall from Start Static.

For me, I use the CD release of Wrap Me Up In Plastic as the official release, which is a slightly different tracklist from the original original, but there's no overlap so it feels better to me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Say I’m Sorry and No Action.

6. irthesteve

oh! Well, No Action is a cover song if that helps wrap your head around things too

airik625 and TheJMan like this.
  7. TheJMan

Trusted

I have the “other” version of Wrap Me Up In Plastic. Do you have the actually CD?

8. irthesteve

I do have this CD actually, somewhere in my garage hah

TheJMan likes this.
  9. TheJMan

Trusted

Nice! I somehow have digital copies of that and Eleven, quality isn’t the best, don’t even remember when I got them.

10. irthesteve

I actually just re-downloaded high quality versions of Eleven and the original WMUIP after this convo. If you want me to send you in HQ, feel free to message me

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

These guys get back together yet?

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

These guys still aren’t back together?

Paulms85 likes this.
  13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

What a thread bump. Might have to throw on PTAPL today

14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Make a website or account called ISBTY. Is Sugarcult Back To The Disaster Together Yet? And keep tabs on it so people know when that No changes to Yes.

15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This bump made me happy and sad

Brent likes this.
  16. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

tim produces like every radio pop rock band these days..

walk the moom, coin, neon trees

i'd assume there's good money in that, would love to see sugarcult come back so i could see them again but i did see them quite a lot when they were active. but it would be rad to see them come back for riot fest or any throwback themed festival. i think they'd draw well, especially since its been over a decade and im sure they picked up new fans when they were inactive.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Was watching a Fuse TV Warped Tour '04 special and it was crazy how much better these guys sounded than all the other bands, they were so much tighter and polished than a lot of the scene bands they played with.

This is one of the bands I've seen the most and mostly just through happenstance, they were one of the few that would come through my small town regularly and they seemed to be on the bill with whatever tour was coming through. They were actually my first show ever with Finch, Death on Wednesday, Sugarcult, and Homegrown, and just in my hometown I think I saw them separately with Riddlin Kids, All American Rejects, and then twice with them headlining. Also saw them with Yellowcard and Less Than Jake. Haha sorry, just having a nostalgia trip, going to have to go listen to their discog now.

Oh yeah and I just remembered I was on their street team and I give myself credit for them opening for Blink because on the Pop Disaster Tour I gave Mark a Sugarcult sticker, he obviously wouldn't have ever heard them otherwise.

Chcurry182, airik625, Matt and 3 others like this.
  18. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Death on Wednesday is band I have not heard in a while.