Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sugarcult Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ryan Milliken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. They were my first live show ever!

2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Gotta say, despite my comment above from a couple years back, I honestly enjoy “Lights Out” the most of their 4 albums. Underrated as hell, and is wonderfully layered and dark, which is a sound that’s in my wheelhouse. “Dead Living,” “Out of Phase,” and “Majoring in Minors” are ace.

Shame they had label problems that contributed to their demise, because they seemed primed to be the next band to blow up. I’ll always be so curious as to where they would have gone on their next album.

3. DesolateEarth

Birb

"Palm Trees" and "Lights Out" were such fun listens when I was younger. "Memory" and "Do It Alone" are still bangers.

4. TheJMan

Trusted

Sugarcult and Fenix TX both should have been bigger than they were. Both such fun pop punk bands who broke up way too soon.

Fox83 likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think TIm's doing just fine as a producer, he produced Shut Up And Dance!, he also co-wrote one of the songs on the new Elle King Album

irthesteve likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Forgot how good the album 'Lights Out' was. The Blink-182 working with Tim news got me listening again.

7. TheJMan

Trusted

I was actually on a Sugarcult kick a few weeks ago. All three of their albums are so good. Really a shame they stopped playing when they did as they were such an underrated band.

I recently discovered a new track of theirs called "Count Your Bruises" which was on a Japanese 'greatest hits' CD "Rewind 2001-2008".

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I need to check this song out. Don’t think I’ve heard that one.

9. TheJMan

Trusted

It's on Youtube, that's the only place I could find it. Quality isn't great but it sounds like it could have been on any of the 3 albums they previously recorded.

10. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I have an iTunes quality version of it if anybody wants it?

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I would love that!

12. TheJMan

Trusted

Sure if you don't mind.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Me too please!

14. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

PM'd you each - let me know if there's any problems. :)

*Should have checked - but privately sharing downloads for songs you can't easily buy or stream is fair play, right?

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Wow that song is so good! Can’t believe I never heard it before.

16. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I'm surprised they never released it as a single on iTunes or something like that. It stinks it was wasted on a Japanese greatest hit CD and no one knows it even exists.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Visiting Lights Out again. Cooooommmeee back, Sugarcult!

TheJMan and irthesteve like this.
  18. TheJMan

Trusted

I listened to Palm Trees yesterday, it’s an album I didn’t really appreciate enough when it was first released but it’s so good. I really wish we got a follow up album to Lights Out.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  19. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

*raises hand*

Matt likes this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

While the variants from Craft Recordings sold out it appears that Amazon and Target have the 20th anniversary pressing of Start Static up for preorder.

21. TheJMan

Trusted

Will definitely be buying the live bonus tracks.

22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

So happy I bought this vinyl. The memories haha man. Sophomore in high school, cd Walkman, and listening in moms car.

Sugarcult, New found glory, green day American idiot tour. So beautiful.

Its funny I totally forgot the first track ISN'T STUCK IN AMERICA!? I always just skipped the first track haha. Stuck in America is the better opener.

airik625 and TheJMan like this.
  23. “You’re The One” is like… top 5 on that album!

irthesteve likes this.
  24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Its fine and all just think stuck in America has the opening that gets you more pumped....but I get it cause you're the one is short. Its more like the opener for the real opener.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Every time I hear Stuck In America I think of their live album where he yells “what the fuck is up new jersayyyyyy”

bradsonemanband likes this.