Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sugarcult Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ryan Milliken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Ryan Milliken

Would anyone else be stoked if these guys got back together?

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This song was my jam back in the summer of 2004:

3. Ryan Milliken

yeah buddy haha i used to jam this in my care with my mom taking me to school! My first cd i ever bought.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

"Memory" is a classic

DejaMoi likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

fun fact the singer produced and co-wrote a bunch of songs for Neon Trees

6. I didn't think they ever officially broke up?

7. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Marko DeSantis is a career counselor at Musician's Institute

8. I mean, their Wikipedia page (not an authoritative source, obviously) says they've been on hiatus since 2009. That's one hell of a long hiatus, but that isn't "broke up."

Edit: Then again, I'm pretty sure Underoath said they broke up, so I don't know.

fenway89 likes this.
  9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

What a great throwback.

ryan murphy likes this.
  10. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

2004 is responsible for quite a few important albums for me. Futures, Hot Mess, Where You Want to Be, etc.

Palm Trees and Power Lines was a part of that, too. Back to California, Over, and Counting Stars are fantastic songs.

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think it's one of the first albums I ever pirated in full!

Ryan Milliken likes this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'll always love this band. Palm Trees And Power Lines and Start Static are essential albums that helped shape my musical taste. Start Static alone is responsible for broadening my horizon musically.

I feel like Lights Out never gets enough love. It's crazy how much more mature than album is than their previous material.

DejaMoi and Ryan Milliken like this.
  13. Firefly

emotional motion sickness

One of the first bands I got into after GC. I think? they supported GC with Mest on tour once. I may have made that up though. One of their bonus tracks was Freezing and I still absolutely adore it.

14. Ryan Milliken

for sure I love lights out. They need to press it on vinyl, and palm trees.

airik625 likes this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I still need to get Start Static on vinyl. And yeah, I would love a Palm Trees vinyl pressing.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Always gonna love this band. 95% sure they'll never get back together, I saw them in 2011 for the 10 year of Start Static and they talked about how it was fun to play again, but they are all too old for it now

airik625 likes this.
  17. Agreed. All three of their albums are really solid. I always come back to "Out of Phase" from Lights Out. What a jam.

airik625 likes this.
  18. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Start Static was a fantastic record and love that it was basically the soundtrack to Van Wilder. My mom still remembers some of the songs played in Van Wilder because she took my brother and I to see it in the theater. Thanks mom!

Also, I believe the singer either wrote or produced the song Shut Up and Dance.

19. DallasSF

Tim Pagnotta has become a legit producer. Did "Shut Up & Dance" + a lot more.

20. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, they'll never get back together, but I'll always love them for Start Static. I still have fond memories attached to their other records, but SS was on a whole other level for me. PT&PL was definitely a summer-defining album for me and my buddies in 2004.

Either way, I miss them, but I understand not all bands are able to keep their interests in said band going for very long.

21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

These guys were one of my first favorite bands back in like 2004 and I miss them so much. Never got to see them live either.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Their last album is so underrated.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I saw them with New Found Glory and Green Day

Paulms85 likes this.
  24. I saw yellowcard open for sugarcult who was opening for less than jake

weird right? :-)

Paulms85 likes this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Only time I saw Sugarcult was the 2004 Warped Tour. Played mostly Start Static and Palm Trees songs.

bradsonemanband likes this.