Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sufjan Stevens Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Apr 26, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i did write it! one of my best reviews imo!!

PandaBear! and dylan like this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

I feel this. I can't believe I went so long without hearing "Heirloom"

3. zmtr

Trusted

Gonna listen to Adz on my way home from work today. Maybe something will finally click.

4. Horrorca

Trusted

happy you got into it

Arnika is probably my favorite Sufjan song

5. Lucas27

Trusted

It's so good. It almost feels like the music was improvised at times. It just has a really beautifully unpolished sound to it.

Also, Adz is my least favorite Sufjan album from Michigan onward, but I've recently come to hold "I Want to Be Well" in really high regard. It's probably a top 5 Sufjan song for me. It's really resonated with me during my recent struggles with depression/chronic exhaustion.

6. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah, the guitar parts are p unique in Sufjan's context I think - disjointed

I love ADZ from top to bottom, but the two songs (if you can call them that, pieces feels more appropriate for some reason) that send it to a whole other level are the more understated ones: Now That I'm Older and All for Myself

Sufjan is a perfect companion for times of hardship/struggle/sadness

hang in there, everything is going to be amazing

7. Lucas27

Trusted

So true. His music has meant so much to me especially in times of trials. Thanks man!

8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Same for me. I've been struggling with a chronic health problem for the past 6 months to the point that it's really affecting me mentally and physically. This song very accurately represents what that feels like.

9. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

The climax of Get Real Get Right is the greatest moment in music

10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Genuinely resonated with me like no other review ever has. I was like, "fuck, I gotta listen to this album right now"; therefore your words pushed me to check out one of the most beautiful albums I've ever heard!

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

12. Horrorca

Trusted

ah! let's have them!

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. fronkensteen

Trusted

He's so on point.

15. zmtr

Trusted

Love ya sufy

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

he's got a few more of these on his website. i'd be down for a political Sufy album

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

So for Christmas I got Age of Adz (first thing I've ever even heard by Sufjan) and I am completely blown away. This album is a straight up masterpiece. Where to go from here?

18. Horrorca

Trusted

this might help

ComedownMachine likes this.
  19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Fwiw, nothing else I've heard by him reaches the brilliant insanity of this record. But everything else is wonderful in a different way.

sophos34 and ComedownMachine like this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Carrie and Lowell is one of my favorite albums ever. Very different, though

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Go to.... hmm, Illinoise or All Delighted People next. And then uhhh, Carrie and Lowell I guess? Haha, he's had a ridiculously diverse career

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It must be crazy to hear Adz first.

KennedyBN and coleslawed like this.
  23. astronautnorway

Hi. I just made a playlist on Spotify with songs similar to Sufjan. Not the automatic generated similiar, but SIMILAR, similar.

24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've been listening to Carrie & Lowell a lot this week. It's still a devastatingly fantastic album.

coleslawed, zmtr and PandaBear! like this.
  25. Horrorca

Trusted

coleslawed likes this.