Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sufjan Stevens Shares Two New Songs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sufjan Stevens has released two new songs, “Love Yourself” and “With My Whole Heart,” for Pride Month.

In celebration of Pride Month, Sufjan Stevens is releasing two new songs on the topic of love: “Love Yourself” and “With My Whole Heart,” available on limited-edition 7” vinyl and on all digital platforms May 29, 2019. “Love Yourself” is based on a sketch Sufjan wrote 20 years ago. The original 4-track demo he recorded in 1996 is included as well as a short instrumental reprise. “With My Whole Heart” is a completely new song that Sufjan wrote as a personal challenge to “write an upbeat and sincere love song without conflict, anxiety, or self-deprecation.” Sufjan also designed a new Gay Pride T-shirt that is available on his new merchandizing platform Sufjamz. A portion of the proceeds from this project will support two organizations that offer help for LGBTQ+ homeless kids in America—the Ali Forney Center in Harlem, NY, and the Ruth Ellis Center in Detroit, MI.

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I could go for a new LP from him. What’s it’s been? 4-5 years?

3. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Carrie and Lowell is a masterpiece, might be one of my all time favorite records at this point. Can't wait to listen to these.

4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Holy cow C&L came out 4 years ago. Feels like last year it came out lol. Guess that goes to show how well it has stood the test of time.

contra11mundum likes this.