Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Succession (HBO) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by primavera, Aug 16, 2018.

1. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Phenomenal ending. Going into the presser, I had no idea if Kendall was going to bend the knee again, go on the offensive, or off himself in front of everyone.

On the other hand, fuck this show for getting us to root for someone as evil as Kendall Roy. While not as immediately satisfying as this was, I think a story line where Kendall kills himself and Logan has to face the reality of his actions might've been an even more compelling hook for S3. Where as here... I liked that ending but gonna be interesting to see where S3 goes. Hard to see how Logan bounces back from this but without Logan to go up against Kendall becomes just another unlikable billionaire douche-bag.

imthesheriff likes this.
  2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

That finale was so damn good. It sucks we have to wait a year for the next one.

My girlfriend had watched the last few episodes with me and at first she didn’t care but she got hooked after watching “DC” and the finale with me, so now I’m gonna watch the whole thing again with her lol.

phaynes12 likes this.
  3. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Oh my god lmao

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

god I love this show

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

David87 likes this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I partly feel like Logan baited him into that and wanted him to do it.

7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

that seems to be the consensus on it

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, definitely. After more thinking and reading around, he knew it had to be his own head that gets axed but not make it look like he willingly did it himself. So awesome.

9. clucky Oct 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2019)
    clucky

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it was less planned by Logan, and more just making sure he had all his basis covered

Throw Kendall into the fire. If he just rolls over that's fine, he wasn't cut out to run the company. If he grows a spine and takes Logan out, that also works.

(this ties back into my argument that Kendall killing himself would've been the best ending. Because that would've been the one outcome Logan didn't account for)

Wharf Rat and imthesheriff like this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i read the smirk differently. it seemed more to me like the first time having genuine pride in one of his kids while also extremely looking forward to a showdown with kendall

11. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

He ate my fucking chicken

12. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I laughed so hard I cried when Greg said, "What if I had just said 'no woman, no cry?'"

chewbacca110, OotyPa, David87 and 4 others like this.
  13. imthegrimace

So it’s team Greg and Ken next season then?

14. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Which came first, the Chic-Ken or the Gregg?

Let the record show that I am the first person to says this before it is meme’d.

15. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

this season kicked so much ass. what a dynamite show

our number 1 boy!

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I have to pause this show to laugh more than any show ever I think. Usually I get a rewind in to see it again as well, mostly on Greg lines.

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally watched, awesssssome move by Ken at the end.

The chicken scene was fucking hilarious.

jorbjorb, phaynes12 and imthesheriff like this.
  18. imthegrimace

I already miss this show

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it’s so fucking good

jorbjorb likes this.
  20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

what a finale!! wow

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm thinking part of why Logan is okay with what Kendall did is because he knew even with Kendall taking the fall, it was a longshot that the shareholders would still vote to keep Logan on as CEO. So I think he thinks his goose is cooked anyway and that maybe this move will allow one of his kids to step up? Idk. But I do think he assumed he was screwed either way at this point.

22. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I'm on ep 8 and I love this show but good lord the whole plotline of Shiv and the sleazy campaign guy and the Bernie knock off is so cringy and shallow

23. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Fuckkkkkkk I love this show. Finally watched the finale because I couldn’t last week. I can’t believe I didn’t see it coming. It was so good!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

imthesheriff, riotspray and David87 like this.
  24. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I finally got around to this and I can’t believe I waited. So good. I just finished episode 9, Tom in front of Congress was so excruciating.

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. dorfmac

Trusted

Holy shit. Just watched the funeral speech - fucking hilarious.

stayillogical and imthesheriff like this.