Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sublime With Rome / The Offspring / The Menzingers Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jul 21, 2017.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

[​IMG]

2. TMS2787

Trusted

What a wild tour / run of shows for The Menzingers to be apart of, good for them though! The crowd at this will be hilarious, IMO. I saw them at Riot Fest 2013 and while I'm not a fan of Sublime's music the set was still fun.

If this was coming to Cleveland I'd go because my girlfriend like Sublime and we both like The Menzingers but it's not so I'll just see them in Akron.

3. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Sublime with Offspring opening?

Really?

Boston blue hills pavillion? Weird.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's a co-headlining tour.

5. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

oh!

6. oc681

Actually The Offspring are opening on all of those dates listed, Offspring headlined on the Canada dates in July

7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Debating on driving the two hours for Chula Vista show. Love the Menz, but I wouldn't bend more than a lawn ticket.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  8. meggers

Trusted

suicidesaints likes this.
  9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

This started tonight, and I just got two tickets for tomorrow! Not really a huge SWR fan, but I've been wanting to see The Offspring since I heard Want You Bad in American Pie 2, and I LOVE the Menzingers.

kman22 likes this.
  11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Set times I saw for tonight are...

7:00-7:30
    8:00-9:00
    9:30-10:30

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

Went tonight and had fun! We left after The Offspring, but them and Menz were both great!

Menzingers
    Tellin' Lies
    I Don't Want to Be an Asshole Anymore
    The Obituaries
    Thick as Thieves
    House on Fire
    Good Things
    Burn After Writing
    Bad Catholics
    Lookers
    In Remission

The Offspring

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
    All I Want
    Come Out & Play
    (Can't Get My) Head Around You
    Nitro (Youth Energy)
    Staring at the Sun
    Mota
    Gone Away
    Why Don't You Get a Job?
    Americana
    Want You Bad
    Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)
    The Kids Aren't Alright
    Self Esteem

kman22 likes this.
  13. johnnyferris

How was the crowd reaction for the Menzingers? @ALT/MSC/FAN

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

Not good, in all honesty. When they took the stage they played to about 20% of the amphitheater because people were still coming in and most of the people that were there just stood there. People were polite and all, they just had no idea who they were. From what I saw there were probably about 10 people in the entire amphitheater singing along, including me and my friend.

15. johnnyferris

That's what I feared, but I do hope they do better as the tour goes on.

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

For sure. They sounded amazing though, and connected with the people that did know the songs!

17. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

This is the first time I'm missing The Offspring coming through the area in 20 years (first saw them in 1997). Setlist is beyond stale save for maybe 1-2 songs, zero new material and Dexter's voice can't hit the high notes. Not sure why the band doesn't give it up at this point.

18. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Yeah, their setlists aren't very exciting. The only songs that are somewhat out of the ordinary are Mota and Nitro. They have a fairly extensive catalog. It's a shame they don't vary their sets more.

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

As someone that's just a casual Offspring fan that knows the hits and nothing else, the setlist was exactly what I needed, but I can totally see how a diehard fan of theirs would get bored of it, especially since the band only does these big arena tours every summer.

bachna84 likes this.
  20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I had a really fun time at this show in Chicago on Friday. I'm a fairly casual fan of both The Offspring and Sublime, so I was able to hear mostly material I was familiar with.

21. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

For a supporting set, I think it's pretty solid. Obviously they want to play their big hits. I think the problem that a lot of people have with their sets though is that they really don't switch things up much when they headline.