Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sturgill Simpson - Sound and Fury (September 27, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Jul 21, 2019.

1. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Sorry for the double post but I also love how “Mercury in Retrograde” sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song taking place in the world of the Fallout video games.

beachdude, JBoch and radiodead like this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The album that's deliberately intended to shed part of an artist's fanbase can really go either way. Sometimes I admire it as a bold move to keep their artistic vision true. Sometimes it annoys me as a petulant move from a poser who thinks popularity = a lack of quality.

It all comes down to one thing: is the record GOOD?

And this one is very, very good.

3. atlas

Trusted

after hearing this record I'm convinced that Sturgill singing over a stoner rock record like Truckfighters or something would be the best record of all time

beachdude, phaynes12 and I Am Mick like this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah I want that very badly

5. eagles1139

Regular

that "Remember to Breathe" into "Sing Along" transition

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

beachdude and phaynes12 like this.
  6. This man really made an album that rips harder than any punk album I've heard in 2019

Also that thread title was killing me

phaynes12 and beachdude like this.
  7. shea

RIP Supporter

Just listened to him on Joe Rogan from last week. Said he’s touring in Feb. with Tyler Childers opening.

Micah511, DaydreamNation and JBoch like this.
  8. Hell yes.

Seeing Tyler in about a month, would love to see em together next year

9. shea

RIP Supporter

Same. Gonna die if there’s no Atlanta date. Just hope tickets aren’t impossible like I assume they will be..

DaydreamNation likes this.
  10. Yea those two are popular enough on their own, taken together it's gonna sell out instantly

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

can someone write me a prescription because i cannot stop listening to this

I Am Mick likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

The movie was really weird at points, enjoyed the more traditional anime battle scenes though.

JBoch likes this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Oh shit I still need to watch the anime. Keep forgetting, but still listening to the album regularly.

14. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I watched it last night. It's definitely made for people in a certain state of mind that I was not in lol.

Micah511 likes this.
  15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I enjoyed it for what it was and my gf was high when we watched it and she obviously raved about it. It is interesting listening to the album now cause certain scenes and imagery creep back into my head as the songs tick by.

16. shea

RIP Supporter

Looks like arenas based on the location of the Georgia date.

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

friday here. fuck yeah

18. Maddy

Regular

Looks like a New Orleans Jazz fest sized gap in there too

19. STL date hell yea

Might have to go back home for one of the two Kentucky dates too, these boys deserve the wildest of homecomings

phaynes12 likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Why don't tour fliers list the venue anymore? Drives me fucking insane

phaynes12 likes this.
  21. shea

RIP Supporter

Got the email for this this morning. I’ve never done the ticketmaster verified fan bullshit before. Tyler’s presale seems more straightforward..went ahead and signed up for both though.

22. Did the verified fan thing for an Isbell show a few years back because I needed 4 tickets and it was okay

shea likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

probably gonna wait until general sale. super excited for this tour though, damn. need to give the tyler album some more time.

24. It's great, still don't like it quite as much as Purgatory though. Seeing him tonight

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. shea

RIP Supporter

Saw Sturgill at the Fox in Atlanta a couple of years ago and seeing Tyler right before Christmas. Not gonna be too mad about missing out on this one..but seeing them together would be pretty rad.