Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stuber (Michael Dowse, July 12, 2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Apr 8, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

When a mild-mannered Uber driver named Stu (Kumail Nanjiani) picks up a passenger (Dave Bautista) who turns out to be a cop hot on the trail of a brutal killer, he’s thrust into a harrowing ordeal where he desperately tries to hold onto his wits, his life and his five-star rating. Directed by Michael Dowse, this action-comedy from 20th Century Fox also stars Iko Uwais, Natalie Morales, Betty Gilpin, Jimmy Tatro, Mira Sorvino and Karen Gillan.

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I want to see it based off of the name alone

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Oh shit, I totally forgot Dowse directed this. The trailer is alright, great cast though.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

catching this in a few hours. I'd be seeing detective pikachu if i didn't miss out on a pass for that so i'm gonna try not to hold that against this movie

5. 333 GANG

ACAB

This looks pretty funny, and what a great title.

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

This was fun. Nothing groundbreaking but definitely a good time.

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed, it was pretty good. Would've liked some more connective tissue for everything. Kumail reacting to all the crazy shit going on is like a third of the movie's appeal

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, and the theater gave all the attendees a coupon for a free popcorn so that was nice. Well, at least until we all had to get in line for it and I was minutes away from nearly missing the start of the film

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

At our screening they just set boxes of popcorn in the entrance of the theater so you could grab it, it was a nice surprise.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

There was probably some revisions, yeah

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This was really good. Action was really well done and there's some great one liners

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Thought this was fine. Unless you’re on A-List, there’s no reason to rush out to the theater to see it. Clocks in at just about 90 minutes and probably would have been even shorter if they cut out a romantic subplot that went nowhere. Bautista and Kumail are fun to see interacting though.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait to see this!

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I think you can wait a little bit. It's completely decent

18. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Saw this last night. Very average film with a lot of wasted talent. Mira Sorvino chose this as her “comeback” role?

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

seeing tmo, i support kumail in all he does (except for silicon valley lmao)

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I haven't seen this, but Michael Dowse has made some absolute gold. Regardless if you like this or not, HIGHLY recommend watching Goon and FUBAR (both movies, and what I've seen of the series is also very good. Wish I could find a legit place to watch the whole thing)

riotspray likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is great

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Love it haha. I wish that Netflix special was real.

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty happy I saw this movie BEFORE seeing this tweet

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The Kumail/Batista fight scene at the sporting goods store made me laugh a lot. The script wasn’t a knockout but Kumail can carry a movie well, I had a good time at the movies tonight

25. Iain

Regular

This wasn't that good, found myself looking at my watch a few times wondering when it was going to be over. As mentioned above, wasted talent on this one.