Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Streetlight Manifesto Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by VanMastaIteHab, Nov 25, 2016.

1. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Band deserves their own thread. I've been spinning the discography today and it still rocks.

HueyLewis likes this.
  2. TDenverFan

Regular

Seems like they're teasing something for SITB's 10 year anniversary

amorningofsleep likes this.
  3. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Fucking love me these guys. I've sadly only seen them once in my life. Need too again soon.

Also a good reason to say Fuck Victory Records. These guys didn't deserve that shit.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

amazing live band, ready for new music from them

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

It's finally over.

[​IMG]

Kingjohn_654 and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  6. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome! Good for them. Now let's see if they actually release music ever again lol.

Kingjohn_654 and amorningofsleep like this.
  7. irthesteve

Holy shit, that is huge

Kingjohn_654 and amorningofsleep like this.
  8. TDenverFan

Regular

Post-Emancipation Update #2

First off, sorry for the delay. To say that we’ve been swamped here at Streetlight HQ would be the understatement of the decade. We’ve had a single sandwich since we last spoke with you fine folks. One. Also, we’re trying not to post until we have information that is 100% accurate and confirmed.

So let’s get to the good stuff, filling you in on the latest info and answering some of the questions you have been asking here on the world wide interweb.

1. All future SM (and other projects) recordings will be released (or re-released) on our own label, the Pentimento Music Company. We will never sign with another label. We’ve fought so hard to become free and completely independent, and we’re going to keep ourselves that way from here on out. No exceptions. We will own everything we create outright. More importantly, now that we have full control of our output, as well as the money generated by our music, we hope and plan to do more than we could in the past in terms of music videos, “special” projects, random releases of music and live recordings, etc. Bottom line is, we are now, and will remain indefinitely, 100% artist owned and run, completely independent. Our future, whether it be successful or a fiery train wreck, is entirely in our hands, and we accept responsibility for what we manage to do with our newfound freedom.

2. As many of you have noticed, as of a few days ago, our music is back up on all streaming and download services. So fire up Spotify, Apple Music or iTunes, Napster, Live Journal, what have you, and enjoy. Please and thank you.

3. We are in now in deep, nearly unfathomable debt. More than any band on the planet, possibly. We managed to scrape together the massive amount of money it took to buy our masters (and thereby, effectively our past as well as our future) by begging and borrowing from every friend and family member that may have had a spare nickel to their name. We absolutely, literally, could not have done this without our loved ones risking their savings and, in some cases, homes, all because they love us and believe in us and the music we’ve made these last 15 years. We’re now going to be paying back a long list of very generous buddies and family members over the course of the next few years. This brings us to…

4. We’re going to need your help. If we want to keep this big beautiful thing going (and we do, very much), we’re going to need your support now more than ever. That said, we always prefer to be on the giving end of charity and not the receiving end of it. Some of you have suggested crowd funding via some sort of Go Fund Me page, but we’re not big on that. If you choose to support the future of this band with your hard earned money, we want it to be a fair and honest exchange of goods. We’re obviously going to be re-releasing all of our records on CD and finally pressing them all on vinyl, all with Pentimento logos proudly stamped on the back. We’re going to be putting up a bunch of new merch designs as well, to go along with this massive re-release, all at our webstore at www.riscstore.com. All this should be up and available for preorder this week, it’s being prepared as we speak.
    5. Obviously, OUR SELF IMPOSED BOYCOTT IS OFFICIALLY LIFTED! All money generated by you fine folks supporting us by buying our music and merch goes to paying back our debts, and enabling us to set up more releases. Which brings us to…

6. NEW MUSIC! Well, not quite yet, but soon. We’re lining up our release schedule for the next few years and to answer the question most frequently on your fingers: Yes, there will absolutely be a new album. Of course there will be. In fact, hopefully there will be many new albums in our future. That said, that’s still a ways off (we’re aiming for sometime in 2018). In the meantime, we have a handful of, in our humble opinion, interesting things up our sleeves for the remainder of this year and onward. If you guys end up being a fraction as excited about some of these projects as we are, we’re all going to collectively pee our collective pants. Collectively gross!

7. This isn’t 100% SM news, but it is to some degree. Maybe like 38% or so. Toh Kay’s version of The Hands That Thieve, the cleverly titled The Hand That Thieves, will in fact be released online, on CD and on glorious vinyl soon. Legally! All proceeds will also go towards getting SM out of debt, naturally. But first things first, we’re going to focus on getting some SM stuff out and into the wild before we expand into acoustic power-trio territory.

So that’s it for today! Stay tuned for the announcement of the entire SM discography via Pentimento Music Company, and bear with us as we wade through this beautiful swamp of freedom and possibility, dagger in our teeth, all of our possessions dangling in a small pouch hanging from a stick that we’ve slung over our shoulder. Or something. Uhm. Bye!

Kingjohn_654 and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  9. irthesteve

Love it

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was so sad I couldn't listen to them on Spotify. great news.

11. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

YES

Daniel182 likes this.
  12. irthesteve

Sounds ridiculously cool, going to look into these LA shows

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wtf is this real? A 40 piece orchestra?!

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

ZooZooChaCha and Daniel182 like this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Wish I could make it out to that

16. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Very cool, if I still lived there I’d go

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love to go to that, but I don't think it's gonna happen :tear:

Also arena???

18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It’s a high school gym lol. It’s in my hometown.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh word lol I was gonna say

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also I got the "All The Vinyl Things" bundle for Christmas and it was tight

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Hey Sergio!

22. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Saw them play with an orchestra last night — incredible show.

Daniel182, Joe4th and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. irthesteve

I'm going to that next week!

24. fastlife

Regular Supporter

You guys are lucky and get two shows. I would’ve definitely gone both nights if I had that option haha

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I would have killed to see that