Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stray From the Path Announce New Album; Release New Video • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Song is actually really awesome.

Really good to see a band stand up against the disgraceful image that the American President and the Alt-right give off.

tyramail and Penguin like this.
  2. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

The backlash this song has gotten is pretty crazy. It's not that different than anything on their last album?

3. Sander Jul 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2017)
    Sander

kflkmflkm

hardest breakdown 2017.

The funniest part of this are the kids with Architects, Northlane or Enter Shikari avatars posting negative comments.

Also there's a response video on youtube where the guy is somehow trying to tie Sumerian Records to some jewish conspiracy. If you're feeling morbid: /watch?v=oFUaEi3QLY0&feature=youtu.be&t=133

TriangularDuck likes this.
  4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly think SFTP don't give a fuck about how many dislikes this video gets, and I don't think they will turn off the comments. Why should they care? All it's doing is proving their point. The Alt-Right go on about "snowflakes", but when they're the ones being mocked they all feel the need to band together and hurl abuse. Tell me, who are the real "snowflakes"?

Yes, advocating violence can be seen as a bad thing, but if that person is a violent racist or a nazi then maybe I think differently. My friend got assaulted outside a club recently by a male purely because she is half Sri Lankan, and at that exact moment, I know my friends and the other people around were all ready to do whatever it took to protect her (He got arrested in the end after being held down by bouncers and a friend or two). These people are scum.

For the record, I love the song and am a recent convert to the band. We need bands who are this forthright in their opinions as much as we need the more intelligent political bands like Enter Shikari.

Ruston, beachdude42, solxace and 5 others like this.
  5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Punching other humans is always bad, but punching Nazis is OK because they're not human.

Ruston and TriangularDuck like this.
  6. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Shit, if this song set these kids off then I can't imagine what their reaction to Less Talk, More Rock would be. They would get so Mad Online at The Only Good Fascist Is a Dead Fascist.

TriangularDuck likes this.
  7. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Hey buddy, I don't know if you actually watched the video, because the guy that got beat up was planning multiple attacks. That's kinda the whole point of the video, guess you were blinded by the red hat and got way too triggered to pay attention.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

I do like how NU metal sounding this song is haha.

9. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

As a long time SFTP fan I'm actually pretty pleased with the reaction it's getting and likely so are the band. I mean, all the alt-right people they are calling out are popping their heads out and showing how ridiculous they are. If the comments get disabled I see it as a label decision, not the band's.

Can't wait to see them rip this in September.

sophos34 likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Personally I liked the guy who vowed to go to one of their shows and bottle them.

Good luck with that, I can't wait to see it turns out for you...

redwing91007 likes this.
  11. lolfpcmlol

Regular

The only thing that triggered me was the offensively shitty music and lyrics.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

And yet you're still here. Where no body wants you.

tyramail likes this.
  13. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I'm enjoying myself. Am I drowning out the echo in your chamber?

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Why has that snowflake not been banned yet

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Why ban someone when we can just point out their stupidity?

Ruston and Aaron Mook like this.
  16. lolfpcmlol

Regular

In your little echo chamber. You're all a bit slow (I'll refrain from saying stupid) to me that you can't see that this song is garbage with a horribly delivered message. Yes, I understand the video shows a specific act of violence against someone planning something, but the song basically says 'knock the fuck out whoever you think is a racist'. And all of you in here saying 'good, great', do this the next time you're at a show or a public gathering: when someone says something homophobic, racist, anti Semitic (just says something, doesn't do anything illegal or threatening), swing your first and break their jaw and see where you end up (hint, it'll be in jail for assault). Instead, try speaking up (i promise others will follow) and force the person and their fucked up world view out of the show, establishment etc, and make them feel unwelcome. Make their life miserable constantly so they no longer feel welcome with the other 90% of America, then they'll understand their world view isn't wanted. Try that instead of making their jaw hurt once, putting yourself in trouble, and providing fuel to the 'lefts preach tolerance while promoting violence' fire.

17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Yesterday you thought gassing Jews was funny

18. lolfpcmlol

Regular

Your reading comprehension sucks. I thought it was funny that they released a song promoting violence against the alt-right, that turned into a space for the alt-right to band together, as if the outcome could have been any different. I imagined the band eagerly awaiting hordes of people saying they were inspired to no longer tolerate hate speech, and would pledge to punch anyone and everyone who uttered such words in their presence. Instead, all they did was feed the trolls with their pathetic attempt at social activism. The song was the pre-preemptive rise that all these internet trolls wanted. I wanted this song to fail so bands and artists can do better than lyrics like 'And if you’re speaking out some bullshit I'll give you advice Hit 'em with a left a left and a right Got 'em dropping like flies with the stars in their eyes'.

19. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

ugman_2000 likes this.
  20. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

The song's about Richard Spencer, who I think we can agree deserved to get knocked the fuck out for being a literal nazi.

21. lolfpcmlol

Regular

Let me clarify for you:
    Tiny brain: Nazis are bad - Great start, we're on the same page.
    Expanding brain: people who don't like nazis are also bad - oooo, sorry, here's where the train derails. No. People who promote violence as an acceptable solution to hate speech are bad. (Note that I am saying hate speech, I am not saying hateful or threatening actions). You can't just go around knocking people the fuck out. And judging by the bands material, I would hasten a guess that the Nazi label applies to a lot more people than just Nazi's. Let's just combine 2 of their latest songs to 'Every rich white kids got something to say... get knocked the fuck out!'.
    Galaxy brain: nazis are bad, but nazis posting nazi proganda is good - LOL no... The band failing to gain traction with their message is the only good thing.

22. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dang dude who hurt you lmao

23. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, Tom said something about wanting to draw these people out of the woodwork.

beachdude42 and redwing91007 like this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not saying hit someone you THINK is racist. I'm simply saying if you ARE racist and you get hit, I couldn't care less. As the song says, if you preach hate, expect hate.

I personally am not a violent person, and I agree that you should always try reason with someone first, but in the case of Nazis or the hateful vengeful part of the far right (I'm convinced some of it is stupid uneducated teenagers and not purely hateful people) then maybe they need to be shown that we won't accept their shitty, twisted opinions in a modern society.

25. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Now you heard it from me and the Dead Kennedys

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.