Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 69

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yeah they better not air that, what an awful idea

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I opened this thread as a commercial for a Stranger Things ice cream flavor at Baskin Robbins aired. But yeah, hopefully they trash that show.

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

4. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

It's interesting that Millie is doing press with the other kids again. In S2, they had her doing solo appearances only.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I kinda wonder how much of that was her agent/publicist/etc. trying to capitalize on her and make her into her own big star. It def seemed like some sort of Hollywood politics shit going on there

RyanPm40 and coleslawed like this.
  6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just started Season 2 last night. It's always kind of weird to pick up a show after years of not watching it. Enjoyed the first two episodes though.

Without spoilers, what's the deal with episode 7? All the rankings for each episode on IMDB are like 8.5 or higher but that one only has a 6.1???

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So it’s almost a complete side track from the overarching story of the season that is meant mostly for character development of a certain character(while also introducing some new characters). I didn’t find it to be nearly as bad as most people did, but I understand why such an abrupt interruption to the main plot of the season kind of threw some people off.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I figured it'd be some type of 'one-off' episode. You typically don't see episode rankings go up or down that significantly unless it's a finale or the storyline goes completely off the rails for whatever reason.

David87 likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I decided to try for a rewatch before the new season and I watched six episodes of S1 yesterday without even realizing it. I forgot just how addictive it is and how quickly it goes by.

David Parke and David87 like this.
  10. Just joining this thread. Stoked for s03!

I bought the new coke for the ST promo and it came this week! I was ridiculously excited about it. It’s fine I guess. Tastes like coke to me but I don’t drink soda. Coworkers said it tastes like Pepsi.
    AF164291-FCDC-4047-BFF8-FF6C4B630C88.jpeg

Ferrari333SP and Jason Tate like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Four more episodes to go...will probably finish tonight.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Finished this last night. Great season. Hard to compare to Season 1 because it's been three years since I've seen Season 1. I could be wrong, but I found Season 2 much more intense than S1. I think I may have liked S1 a tad more overall, but there were some scenes in S2 that left me genuinely shook that I don't recall having the same reaction in S1.

I know the character was such a tool, but I couldn't get enough of the actor who played Billy. I don't really get the point of his character, but I loved every second he was on screen. Winona and Harbour killed it once again. All the kids were great. Dustin, even though he was the dumbest character of S2, was probably my favorite. Steve's arc was awesome too. I kept waiting for Bob to turn into an asshole or a creep or something but he was just so likable throughout the entire thing.

Is Paul Reiser not in Season 3? He's only credited for 9 episodes on imdb so I'm guessing not?

I figured episode 7 was going to be different judging on some comments I've seen and the imdb rating being so low (compared to all the other episodes) so I went into it with low expectations and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought i'd be. In fact, it was fine. Do I think they could have squeezed all that info into 10-15 minutes and included it into another episode? Probably, but when binging 3-4 episodes a night, not that big of a deal.

The ending was fine, although I wish there would have been more of a dramatic cliffhanger as there was at the end of S1...but I mean, I only have to wait 2 weeks until S3 so it's not that big of a deal...perhaps something that would have bothered me more had I watched this as it came out two years ago.

Really interested to see where S3 goes. Hoping it's not just the same 'oh, the mosters are back again' type of thing over and over and that we are introduced to some sort of new danger/evil...whatever that may be.

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Same! Truly one of the better surprises of S2.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Bob's death depressed me a little lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m rewatching two now and Bob breaks my heart. I also expected a heel turn from him early on and now when I think about that and what he actually did I just hate myself. He was too good for that world.

There are also a few moments that I totally forgot weren’t in the first season, which feels weird.

I felt the same way about episode seven. Parts of the group were definitely over the top, but I liked how much it focused on Eleven and how different her path could have been. Plus it just felt like a genre switch for a second and those can be fun.

I loved the ending of two and that it didn’t leave a huge cliffhanger but just an overall sense of dread. This one being in the summer and with a bigger focus on the horrors of growing up in addition to the big evil in the town could make it my favorite yet.

The only things I’m worried about are still the Karen/Billy thing, the crazy amounts of product placement possibly taking me out of the story (Mongoose just announced an in-show tie in...), and a sort of hard to place feeling that some of the outfits this time around seem less authentic to the era and more like modern ideas of “retro 80s” fashion. I’m hoping some of that is just because of promo images wanting to grab the craziest looks, but that thought kind of crystallized while doing my rewatch.

I hope there aren’t any major deaths this time around honestly. I keep seeing the “raising the stakes means main characters die” idea get thrown around and I’m so over it. Billy can go to keep the tragic B name trend going, but that’s the biggest name I want to lose. I’m expecting a lot of sadness, but I hope it’s from another source.

Oskarr likes this.
  16. Mike and will have all time bad haircuts

Leftandleaving likes this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They need to let Will have actual hair and get rid of the bowl cut.

Leftandleaving and spiffa0 like this.
  18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

theagentcoma and oakhurst like this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

iiiii623498 and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow...I feel like that trailer really gave away a lot

21. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Trailer gave away too much, wish I hadn’t watched it

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well settles it for me. Not watching

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I feel like I know the plot to the season now. Kinda bummed I watchedz

24. Never watch final trailers y’all crazy

Oskarr, Joe, waking season and 5 others like this.