Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 66

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

Always excited for new Stranger Things

2. coleslawed likes this.
  3. Now do Crystal Pepsi.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I loved the Eggo thing at the time because it made sense in the series and came out of nowhere, but I’m bummed by how hardcore they are pushing brands in tandem with the show now. That joke about Karen’s new suit from the promo video is even an ad since they will be selling it at H&M soon.

5. As an 80's kid, who currently has a Ninja Turtle avatar, which is one of the most merchandised and branded/sold "entertainment" products of all time, I think these tie-ins are actually super fitting.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s fair, I’m just finding it really hard not to be cynical about it when that kind of branding is so prevalent these days and so often wants to seem like it isn’t actually an ad.

7. Still a classic.

mercury, coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope that the New Coke rollout isn’t anything like that BTTF Pepsi fiasco from a couple years back. That sucked.

And stuff like actual tie-ins isn’t quite as frustrating as things like Steve saying, “It’s finger lickin’ good!” being an actual ad paid for by KFC.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Is this the new game of thrones thread

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Only if Starbucks starts ads on ST!

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I quote this scene way too often and the amount of people that get it is way too low

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. I think the two things I quote the most that end up with blank stares are ...

and

and then it's awkward

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is anyone here a Flight of the Navigator fan? That has probably my favorite joke about how many types of soda there were in the 80s.

14. Anthony_

For how beloved and popular Jurassic Park is, it's amazing to me how few people recognize/recall some of the best quotes from it, this one included.

My nonstop Princess Bride quoting also gets me those stares far more often than that movie deserves.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I do the awkward Goldblum laugh from Jurassic Park all the time and people just think something's wrong with me.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. Anthony_

The Princess Bride should be outlawed for being too good to exist, is all I'm saying

Lucas27 likes this.
  18. Inconceivable!

Lucas27, David87 and Anthony_ like this.
  19. Anthony_

I've always been curious about what New Coke tasted like. I probably won't ever be in a position to get a can of it though, sadly.

20. Anthony_

To be fair to the show, in this particular case, these are teenage kids in the summer of 1985 - it would be seriously weird/unbelievable if they weren't talking about New Coke during this season.

21. I also loved all the product tie ins in Everything Sucks even when they beat you over the head with it. Still bummed that show got canceled.

David87 likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I am really sad that got cancelled. It wasn't a hit but with all the other stuff they run, surely one of those shows is worse.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Right, but there’s a difference between it being a fun joke about the past or it being just another ad taking place in a show instead of a commercial because no one watches standard TV anymore.

Did Everything Sucks actually sell or bring back anything that they mentioned? I know Surge had already come and gone before it aired.

24. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Really hoping this is better than Season 2. Ready to start my rewatch.

25. Anthony_

If this is better than season 2 then it should be pretty great. I hope it's better than season 2 also.