Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 64

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I love Brett Gellman. Very excited to see him return!

Oskarr and incognitojones like this.
  2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m on vacation when this comes out. Nice

3. bless this photo

[​IMG]

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I like binge watching stuff like this because I don’t like reading people making theories that make no sense. I’d rather experience what they want to show us and then talk about and reflect on what we saw.

imthesheriff and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel ambivalent about this. For some shows a lot of the fun comes from going wild with theories and the discussion can be even better than the show, but for others it can be a hindrance.

Like as much as I wished I had six years of watching and participating with The Americans (I will never shut up about this show), the fact that I had to shut everything out and was able to come to every theory and conclusion and character interpretation on my own was really freeing. Seeing how others felt after I was done was super interesting (especially the tiny details I loved that are huge parts of the fandom), but I think it would have colored my watch to have other voices in my head.

There’s also the fact that watching with the internet means SOMEONE will guess every major twist and you can almost be spoiled just by taking part in the conversation.

ncarrab likes this.
  6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Looks like a delightful dream

7. Greg

I shouldn’t shit on fan theories too much... but LOST kind of ruined them for me. So many people spouted utter nonsense theories that were debunked by stuff we had already seen. It drove me crazy. Intelligent well thought out theories were super rare in all I saw.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Lost was the most fun I’ve ever had with theories, lol. I went totally down the rabbit hole on that one. Some theories were awful though, you’re absolutely right.

9. Lucas27

Trusted

In the defense of awful theories, Lost was begging for them.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Greg

It’s like the dumbest people alive took it upon themselves to show how stupid they were. It was totally bonkers.

11. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This is cool

slimfenix182, ChaseTx and coleslawed like this.
  13. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Very cool ad

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wow haha

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They dropped a new teaser set at the pool and I’m super put off by it. Has anyone else seen it yet?

The only part I was intrigued by was the use of Stray Cats and the, “Rock this town, rock it inside out,” line seeming to hint even more at Billy being that abomination from the first trailer.

16. Here it is. Definitely getting 80s sex comedy vibes.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

certainly an odd promo that you would never think was from this show if you weren't paying attention

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. Lucas27

Trusted

Lol. "Here's an idea! Let's take the most awkward thing in either season and make it the first teaser for this season!"

Oskarr and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol I loved that.

smowashere likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

slimfenix182, coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  22. Looks like an 80s homage; seems very Stranger Things-promo-y.

The "New Coke" can is pretty cool to see.

Or it's the new Wet Hot American Summer sequel.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. This was the first teaser trailer btw:

coleslawed and Lucas27 like this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I don't think this is a trailer/promo of any sorts, I feel like that is an actual scene from the show, probably 1st episode.

25. Thought they did something similar with 2, where they released little clips of different characters. Or that coulda been Riverdale or another show promo. But it’s pretty commons

David87 likes this.