Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I wish they released it on July 5. The 4th is one of my favorite holidays; cooking outside, drinking, seeing fireworks. But I might actually skip all that to watch this.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Trailer was so good. Hyped.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet it will drop at midnight so just don’t sleep and binge it all first!

coleslawed likes this.
  4. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Early prediction based on what I saw in the trailer

Billy gets infected/seeded with something and transforms into the monster at the end of the trailer

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed. Would fit perfectly with the Cronenberg influence they’ve mentioned.

6. Shit I think that's during anime expo.

I think Steven Universe aired during AX last year, too.

Guess I don't have to binge it on the day of...

7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

last season I stayed up all night and watched it all the way through like a dummy

no regrets tho

coleslawed and slimfenix182 like this.
  8. the rural juror

I must be a wimp because I can’t even fathom staying up all night unless I’d prepped for it by switching up my sleep schedule like a week in advance haha. I don’t think I’d even enjoy watching it. I needs mah sleep.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I will watch episode one shortly after it is available and the subsequent episodes spread out over the following weeks.

coleslawed and supernovagirl like this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Now that I can’t fathom! The internet will be so treacherous.

I definitely won’t stay up that night but I’m sure I will binge a bunch when I wake up. The rest will depend on if my family has any plans. I had to do S2 in a few chunks because of a commitment that day and even that was hard.

11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I do a pretty good job avoiding spoilers, and if I do see something, meh

I also just don't enjoy binging anything. Takes away the suspense built up by thinking about it between episodes plus I get bored after a couple eps in a row

coleslawed likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I like to binge and then do a slower rewatch after. I can fit a lot of theorizing in between episodes, lol.

Greg likes this.
  13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

If there's one song that encapsulates this series, it's this one

EarlyMorningRiser likes this.
  14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Exactly what I was thinking. And I like season 2 and some of the new characters. But this looks so much better. And Baba O'Riley. Perfect.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Baba O'Riley ;-)

16. theredline

Trusted Supporter

That’s what I meant. I was just too excited to type the right thing. Fixed.

Nick likes this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked the use of the song a ton, but having them walking through a field when it came in made me laugh/groan instinctively.

Lucas27 likes this.
  18. the rural juror

I think Netflix (or whichever trailer company they contract with) just crushes the trailer game. Remember the season 2 trailer with the use of Thriller? Go back and watch it, that trailer fucks.

coleslawed, imthesheriff and Oskarr like this.
  19. Lucas27

Trusted

I just realized Dustin’s holding the Farrah Fawcett spray at the beginning. Hahahaha.

theredline likes this.
  20. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

I think I saw the Conspiracy Dude from Season 2!

That montage at the end was wild.

theredline likes this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I am anti binging, the ‘water cooler talk’ And theorizing about what’s gonna happen next is one of the best parts of TV imo.

That being said, my wife and I are both teachers and she will be near 8 months pregnant when this drops. I foresee us getting through this in 2-4 days.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Who do we think Mike is talking to in the trailer? Gotta be Dustin, though I suppose it could be Will too.

That transition from middle school to high school is really tough in terms of friends groups splitting up and other things (like boyfriends/girlfriends) starting to take priority over hanging with your middle school friends and etc. ugh not looking forward to that part of the show, however small it ends up being

Oskarr likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The water cooler talk all seems to happen live with something like this. Everyone commenting in between episodes and as they watch during big moments as opposed to breaking down each episode for a long time.

Greg likes this.
  24. I've never actually binged this haha. Got into it super late, and took about a week to complete each season, with like a month in between. I have them on "VHS" now, though.

25. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I just noticed that too!!!

Lucas27 likes this.