Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

One of the greatest movies ever tbh.

I'm legit surprised they didn't use some Thing-like practical effects/puppets for the monster. It looked really good when 11 first encounters it in that dark watery place and when Nancy first encounters it in the Upside Down. Unfortunately It looked pretty bad in the final episode. I think a puppet would have been a great homage to the era they were paying tribute too as well.

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

:verysad::verysad::verysad:

3. I've only heard great things about this, I can't wait to finally watch.

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I cried for a bit in the last episode. I always thought I didn't like horror movies/tv but I loved this so maybe I should look into that

ChaseTx and Kiana like this.
  5. chris

Trusted Supporter

Loved this the entire way through, so good. Also RIP Barb, you were the realest

6. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Watched the entire series yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it. I've already decided I'm being El for Halloween

Thursdaysox and coleslawed like this.
  7. ship90

Trusted

Favorite Netflix show as of yet... the title sequence alone is fantastic with the font and Carpenter-esque score. So simple and great.

fame, Kiana and ChaseTx like this.
  8. Watched this over the last two days, not head over heels in love with it like a lot of others seem to be but I liked it for the most part, definitely kept me entertained. Acting was all great, weak point there was Mike imo, definitely not Winona.

This show pretty much perfected the cold open though, typically my favorite scenes of the episodes were the openers haha. They really get you so pumped to watch.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Season 2 will be a sequel.

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

#ProtectHopper2016

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

12. KGEich

Newbie Prestigious

Gotta do the shaved head then

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Am I the only one who thought El was a boy when she first showed up at the diner?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. Night Channels

Trusted

The cook at the diner thought she was a boy at first.

bradsonemanband and coleslawed like this.
  15. trevorshmevor Jul 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2016)
    @Jake Gyllenhaal I probably would have thought that if someone (I think Dr. Brenner) hadn't have asked about "the girl" earlier in the episode

On the topic of some of these actors and actresses looking like other people... I don't know much about Natalia Dyer, but I spent the majority of this show swearing up and down that she had to be related to Emmy Rossum somehow

Jeff likes this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

At first I thought she was the missing boy and that they'd shaved his head and done experiments on him and he escaped or something cause I'm a huge dumbass

17. ChaseTx

I didn't make an assumption either way really and they let you know pretty fast. I think as soon as the cook started calling her a boy I guessed that she was a girl

18. I spent a few episodes wondering if one of the bullies was the kid who played Gibby's younger brother Guppy from iCarly

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I'll probably do the blonde wig instead ;-)

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

The next time my Christmas lights blink I'm going to freak out

21. Sal Paradise

Trusted

This is exactly what I thought, for most of the first episode

Kiana likes this.
  22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I got Under the Skin vibes in the sensory deprivation tank scenes

troyplaysbass and Greg like this.
  23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea, I definitely got that as well

24. ChaseTx

I know they're two entirely different things, but this does the 80s nostalgia thing so much better than Turbo Kid. In that movie it was pretty much parody without any real jokes. Here it was sincere and really lent itself to the atmosphere of the story

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

I think Turbo Kid does a good job at capturing 80s aesthetics with visuals without trying to reference specific things. The violence is over-the-top that you wouldn't see in an 80's children movie (I think it's more an homage to Paul Verhoeven's films). I see Turbo Kid more as a movie for adults who grew up playing 8-bit video games. But I see a similarity in the musical scores for both.