Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

5 seasons is longer than I thought this show would go after seasons 1 and 2 but, at this point 5 makes sense. could see them wrapping up the show with one long(er) story arc that spans 2 final seasons rather than how they've done it thus far.

2. atlas

Trusted

Even if the main series ends soon I doubt they’re going to stop milking it. This show makes way too much money for it to not expand into a half baked, never ending cinematic universe

Blink182Bouncer, Zilla and smowashere like this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I remember them saying they plan for the show to end with 5 seasons

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

season 3 was great imo, but I don't care for the idea of a spinoff

333 GANG likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

spin-off ep is so obviously and easily the worst episode the show has done but i would take a full series of 11 with better writing

Doomsday, RyanPm40 and 333 GANG like this.
  6. Philll

Trusted

Not sure there's anything I'd be interested in seeing from El that they couldn't do in the main series.

Surfwax likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah this is basically where i'm at. nothing about this show has made me wish it was explored further in a separate work. the clear obvious 'spin off' idea has to be Eleven teaming back up with the others from the S2 episode, but to what end? and how soon would that just kinda feel like the umbrella academy?

Philll likes this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away

I'd take a full series exploring the ancient lore of the Upside Down... that is if they don't explore that in the coming seasons, which I really hope they do!

Leftandleaving likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

part of the mystery and unknown of that is part of what makes the story so good though, i don't think i necessarily need/want that to be completely fleshed out.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

conversations like this just bring me back to old LOST discussions. we expect, as viewers, everything to be tied up in a bow and answered, when sometimes i think it's perfectly fine to leave a lot of things open ended and not fully explained and drawn out. The upside down is definitely one of them, and while we're at it i hope they don't bring barb back but part of me thinks by the end of the show they'll find a way to 'rescue' her.

Philll likes this.
  11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I would prefer to just have the main series and that's it, even though I know that's not how Netflix/TV operates. The magic of the show is its cast's chemistry with the '80s pastiche. I don't care to follow Eleven on her own or dive deep into the lore of the universe. None of those things on their own sounds interesting.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the cheesiness and in your face 80s-ness of most of this show honestly, might be what makes me like it the most. i don't think i'd care about this show if it were the same show set in present day lol

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I would watch something with Steve and Robin because the actors have good onscreen chemistry.. But it could be a non-Stranger Things show and I'd be cool with it.

It is surprising the restraint they've shown to not bring back Barb.

14. OotyPa

fall away

I definitely don't expect or want everything to be answered, but I think even just exploring it more would be cool. I'm thinking of a Twin Peaks type situation. Opening that can of worms might lead to even more questions. After all, the entire show's conflict branches from the upside-down, and I'd like to spend more time there.

trevorshmevor and Leftandleaving like this.
  15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

One of the great things about "Twin Peaks" is Lynch's aversion to answering questions (he brings up way more than he answers) or explaining his choices when it comes that universe. I don't think the Duffer Brothers have that kind of self control.

waking season likes this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought I remembered reading it was originally gonna be 4 seasons but now they're saying 5.

Season 2 probably is the weakest of the 3 seasons but, gotta be honest, the emotional payoff of the reunion is one of the top moments of the series. And, really, getting to know Steve more and his relationship with Dustin, Max coming in, etc....Season 2 had a lot of good tbh. It's just that Season 1 and Season 3 are close to perect lol.

I don't even hate that episode really. I just remember hating how it interrupted the flow of the season. But the episode itself was not bad for me.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

nah that episode is bad

333 GANG, RyanPm40 and I Am Mick like this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, I hated that episode, but agree S2 has a lot of great stuff even if it is the weakest

333 GANG and Leftandleaving like this.
  19. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Guess we're going way back to the beginning here.

Mcrx and David Parke like this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

I hope that doesn’t take up too much of the story arc. This show is at its best when the kids are interacting with one another.

Mcrx likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hmm

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Did they ever announce a date? Was hoping the end of that video was going to give us one.

23. This teaser was labeled 002/004. And the Hopper one was 1

so I guess we’re getting two more

333 GANG likes this.
  24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Give us a release date already. I'm guessing October

333 GANG likes this.
  25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This episode of Law& Order SVU that is on right now has a young, much thinner Chief Hopper as the perp lol