Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stranger Things (Netflix) TV Show • Page 102

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Weak ending, and fake out deaths are never good, but overall the season was a lot better than 2. After ep 3, it really was pretty great.

3. 333 GANG

ACAB

I can’t get on board with the weak ending take at all. I thought this ended great.

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah even if the show was cancelled, take out that after credits scene, and you have a perfect series finale

5. Davjs

Trusted

They abandoned the sweet Invasion of the Body Snatchers thing they had going for a giant monster, everyone split up again and a fake out death. But I'm glad people enjoyed it. Still a good season overall.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I definitely loved this season but I was a bit bummed about not getting more invasion of the body snatchers stuff, but still enjoyed the giant monster stuff. super gross, I dug it haha

Davjs and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah it was pretty gross and violent so I did love that lol.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Been watching a lot of Hell's Kitchen clips on Youtube and look who popped up! About 45 seconds in.

David Parke, RyanPm40 and Joe like this.
  9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Right! If i didn't love the gross sludge flayer as much as i did i might have been bummed about them ditching the body-snatcher thing, but i'm good with it overall.

10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

This was a good season!

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha holy shit that’s so random & funny.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I think the ending wrapped up all of the plot threads neatly for this part of the series-- At least with the demagorgon/government experiment subplot. But it was SO FUCKING SAD and definitely not in tone with the rest of the series on that note.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I binged this all day yesterday and absolutely loved it

David Parke and 333 GANG like this.
  14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't keep up with news so I had no idea if this was going past this season, and was assuming it was the end and plenty satisfied with it til the post-credit scene haha.

Not to say I'm dissatisfied it's continuing of course

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Doing our Season rewatch.... still love Mr. Clarke listening to Weird Al.

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This is actually really cool.

RyanPm40 likes this.
    RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, part of why I’m not a fan of the binge show format. The weekly talking and speculating is part of the experience

alina, Zilla, Davjs and 7 others like this.
  19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I saw soooo many Scoops Ahoy costumes at comic con

David Parke likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

Nah, waiting each week for a new episode is brutal. It's crazy to me that Hulu does that with some of its original series. I'm more likely to catch small things and callbacks to earlier episodes when I don't have a week for my brain to forget small things here and there.

David Parke likes this.
  21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I hate watching something in less than a week and then forgetting about it for a year or so. I like watching shows week to week.

Marx&Recreation and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. RyanPm40

I can definitely see the arguments from the other side, and I agree that I do hate the feeling that a show is taking extra long to come out because you watch it so quickly. So it is definitely a trade off.

Davjs likes this.
  23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The first one I saw I told them "Wow, that was a quick turnaround!" and was sooo impressed. Then I saw like, 100 more and realized that fans are just crazy

David Parke and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. The binge release has sort of stifled discussions with my friends because we all watch at different paces. Like I'll watch up to ep3 but they're up to ep7 and someone is on ep5 so we can't really talk about much until we all finish it, at which point it's just a discussion about the season overall instead of separate conversations about each episode and the speculative discussions that come with that.

edit: That said, it's hard to keep up with so many shows week to week, so I'm not complaining too hard ha.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The same thing happens at my office, no one really talks about details of shows anymore, it's just like... did you finish the season? let's talk about the big picture things only.

ncarrab and RyanPm40 like this.