Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Strange Ranger - Remembering The Rockets (July 26th, 2019) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by matthaber, May 22, 2019.

1. yung_ting

Trusted

@matthaber

I was already angry I can’t come down for this and now... they’re playing a late night headliner after the Chastity Belt show

matthaber likes this.
  2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

quit yr job/all responsibilities, come to toronto! my couch is open to you + any friends to crash. my cat would always welcome guests.

username likes this.
  3. yung_ting

Trusted

weekends are the hardest to get unfortunately but one day I will take you up on that and hang with yr cat!!

matthaber likes this.
  4. username

hey you lil piss baby

Wait what

matthaber likes this.
  5. username

hey you lil piss baby

Nvm I found it lol, that’s amazing. Gonna try for both

yung_ting and matthaber like this.
  6. matthaber

I forgot to buy tickets for chasity belt and it’s apparently sold out so might try and stubhub and go to both (there’s a common theme here in my life lol) worst case I got that latenight headline one

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

I didn’t realize the Chastity Belt sold out. Maybe I’m not going to both then lol

8. matthaber

the chastity belt aftershow lost its venue and currently doesnt have one, i pray it doesnt get cancelled :(

9. matthaber

Coped up the stubhub prices so I could get into chasity belt show and be in bed early instead of a post-midnight set :shrug::shrug2:

10. matthaber

Living free is Fucking MASSIVE live and Leona is the greatest sing along song ever written and this band is the best thing ever and god bless

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

Were people hyped for them too?

12. matthaber

select few in crowd were vibung hard and singing along , people who didn’t know them were super responsive.

asked and their late night headliner will be same set so doubt I’ll go but gosh they are good live.

username likes this.
  13. matthaber

Played only daymoon + this album for those curious

14. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Yeah when I saw them open for Joyce Manor I was honestly shocked at how good they were. Not that I thought they wouldn’t be, it was just next level energy for the opener, kinda reminded me of Foxing in a sense. The only bad part was how short the set was hahah

matthaber likes this.
  15. matthaber

having seen them headline before , the opening set I saw was basically same length lol. Even though their back catalogue is so massive I don’t think they are the type of band to do more than 40 min Max.

First time I saw them play with Tyler from world is / bad heaven / snow roller /etc and I think he really added a lot on guitar, he mixes perfectly with the band.

Justin Roux likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

so they are abandoning sioux falls.

thats a bummer.

17. yung_ting

Trusted

Rot Forever is one of my favorite records ever made, but the two that followed are arguably just as good and I’m happy they are doing what they want

matthaber likes this.
  18. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Haven’t been nearly as into anything they’ve done since the name change.

19. matthaber

this this this.

and honestly, Sioux Fall songs probably wouldnt fit during an opening set of Chasity Belt sonically, so makes sense theyd lean heavier into their newer stuff.

also, this album is a 10/10 and yall are whack.

jordalsh likes this.
  20. omg i completely forgot that they're opening for chastity belt tonight i'm so stoked

21. LIVING FREE omg

matthaber and dadbolt like this.
  22. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw them right before rockets came out and they only played leona. I really hope they roll through Texas again soon

23. matthaber

Live set ripping through some songs

local_corn likes this.
  24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Incredible. I need them to do a full US again soon, I’m dying to hear the new album live.

matthaber likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

band is so good, love Ranch Style Home