Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Strange habits • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dominick, Mar 14, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

@AelNire Do they say that because it pushes stuff deeper into your ear canal or because you could put the q-tip in too far? If it's the latter, that's super easy to avoid. I can't argue with the first part, though.

2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

It pushes it deeper. WARNING: GROSS I have had SEVERAL patients like this and it's mainly because of Q-tips. The video won't link without showing the gross thumbnail so youtube ear wax irrigation disgusting.

3. muttley

I'll pass on that video lol. I'm sure I need that done, though.

Where's the puke emoji?

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I know right. The 1st one I ever did I thought I was going to pass out. My sister has this problem just in general and when she gets really bad earaches she has to have a wash done.

5. muttley

Ugh.
    I heard CVS does those cleanings. I'll drive to another state to do it so I can ensure I'll never see the doctor in passing again.

Back on habits, I've been trying to stop using Chapstick and it's brutal. A day goes by without it and my lips feel like reptilian scales.

6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I've heard you're not supposed to use q tips but no one has ever told me what to do instead

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. muttley

Yeah, I'm not buying that stupid ear vacuum from the infomercials either.

8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Own one, doesn't work worth shit.

muttley likes this.
  9. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Hydrogen peroxide is what I've been told to use. Good for swimmers ear, too.

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

dang and your face doesn't break out? Jealous! I wash mine twice a day obsessively. Once in a while I'll fall asleep without washing it first and I feel so gross when I wake up. I wear layers of makeup tho lol and if I don't wash my face twice a day I feel like the makeup is just chilling in my pores all day

Since this is becoming like the official shower/hygiene thread, I've heard a lot of debates on showering in the morning vs. night. Both have valid points imo but I have to shower at night cause I hate mornings and don't wake up early enough, plus I just love the feeling of being clean in my pjs and getting into clean sheets at night. Also I grew up in a house with 1 bathroom so I just started showering at night cause 5 people trying to shower and get ready in the morning was ridic

11. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I shower in the evening during winter, otherwise my beard freezes, and I shower in the morning during the summer because I think it combats the smells that arise from the body due to heat.

12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

@Kiana I shower at night so I can let my hair air dry.

@Dominick That's pretty funny about your beard freezing lol

Dominick likes this.
  13. Kiana

It never occurred to me that beards freeze

Tim and Dominick like this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I never shower at night, I'm always too busy watching Netflix or whatever until bedtime. I'm always running late for work though, so maybe I should

15. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

My beard retains moisture no matter how much I dry myself, so end up I getring beard-sicles when it is like twenty degrees and lower. It's just uncomfortable I guess. Glad I could educate you folks on the plight of freezing beards. Ha.

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It should never be that cold. Ha.

17. muttley

@Kiana I get pimples every now and then but no full blown break outs. I rinse my face a couple times when I shower, but I cut back big time on the soap. No makeup, though, so that's gotta make a huge difference.

@Colby Searcy The part in the commercial where the dude's like, "I'm a doctor, and you shouldn't use a q-tip," makes me laugh every time. It's painfully obvious that someone who isn't a doctor wrote that line haha.

18. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

We have lowered the standard on strange.

19. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

yah my beard freezes but if i don't shower in the morning i feel gross, and i don't like going to bed with a wet head of hair so in the morning it is

20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

My bed hair looks like

[​IMG]

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

So like Wolverine?

DeviantRogue likes this.
  22. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Jason Tate and DeviantRogue like this.
  23. Kiana

oooh I forgot about the hair reason. That's another good one. It'd take me waaay too long to blow dry my hair every morning, and I try not to use heat on it much anyway.

AelNire likes this.
  24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

-I get angry when mustard, pickles, or chopped onions are on my food.
    -When I smoke the tree, I have to listen to 311 or Rob Zombie. Not sure why but it's what I've done ever since I started smoking it.
    -I can't stand the word fresh. It literally makes my skin crawl when I hear people use it in a sentence.

Eric, Dirty Sanchez and Wall Of Arms like this.
  25. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

That last post reminded me of Pivot's questionnaire from Inside The Actor's Studio. It doesn't necessarily fit 100% with the thread, but this seemed like the most appropriate place and works with some of the questions. So for those that want to do it:

1) What is your favourite word?
    2) What is your least favourite word?
    3) What is your favourite sound or noise?
    4) What is your least favourite sound or noise?
    5) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    6) What profession would you never like to do?
    7) What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    8) What turns you off?
    9) What is your favourite curse word?
    10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.