Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Strange habits • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dominick, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I look at my feet when I'm getting onto an escalator because I'm afraid my shoe laces are gonna catch and I'm gonna be sliced to smithereens.

phillyfradet and dharkins like this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I do this as well, specifically the Walking Dead

3. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I never walk on three drains in a row. Stupid thing that started in school and now I avoid them without thinking. I also cannot start eating a meal until I've seasoned and added all of my condiments, it's usually a good couple of minutes after everyone else begins.

It's not a bad habit to have, but I drink water constantly. I get through anything form between about 5-8 litres a day.

Mr. Serotonin and dharkins like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

Oh, I definitely do the condiment thing. Everything's prepped so I can just go to town 'til it's gone.

5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I don't walk on drains period. I always feel like I might fall in and the IT clown will be in there to get me.

Kiana likes this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I read this as Information Technology clown and pictured a circus worker installing RAM in a sewer.

Dirty Sanchez, scott and AelNire like this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My hairdresser once told me that washing your body before your hair could break out your back/shoulders so I don't do it, but I don't wash my hair all that often because it's really thick and dry and washing it everyday makes it a gross frizzy mess.

I don't think we have drains to walk over in my town but we have underground tunnels and you know you're over them because the sidewalk has purple glass square things and I don't like walking over them because I imagine someone is hiding down there. Which even if they were, they couldn't do anything to me, but the thought creeps me out lol

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

What was your hairdresser's logic behind that?

9. I've heard that too, basically if you wash your body first, then shampoo/conditioner sticks around on your shoulders/back (or your face, depending on which direction you rinse your hair) after washing your hair (which is why I always do hair first).

10. Mr. Serotonin

Huh. I don't buy it, but interesting nonetheless, haha.

Edit: The reason I don't buy it is because like the first 5-6 ingredients on shampoo and body wash are the same.

11. It's probably more the conditioner than the shampoo, because conditioner can be kinda greasy. I dunno, never really questioned it haha

12. Mr. Serotonin

@scott haha, not a big deal regardless, just curious and I question everything like an asshole :D

scott likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I missed the shower conversation. I lay down or sit curled up on the floor of the shower until I'm more awake/running late for work, then I wash shoulders down, then shampoo and conditioner.

Threads likes this.
  14. what the heck

15. ChaseTx

I mean I get out of bed but I'm still tired, so

16. Mr. Serotonin

Hahah, I did that when I was in Middle school cause we had to wake up incredibly early. @ChaseTx

17. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I like a sit down shower too, normally when I'm ill or hungover. The really bad hangovers involve me in the shower on my knees feeling super worse for wear. It's SO fun. Love my hangovers. The best. Truly great.

18. Kiana

19. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I used to do this pretty much every morning on school days until I almost flooded my grandparent's bathroom. :scream:

They had a standing shower with a drain in the center versus the tub we had at my house and I just sat down as I usually would then dozed off. Thankfully someone had to get into the closet attached to the bathroom before I caused any major damage but who knows what would have happened otherwise.

20. Kiana

I used to curl up in the shower in the fetal position when I had bad cramps. I'd kind of die in there for a while but the heat would make me wanna throw up so then I'd crawl out and throw up in the toilet and then lay down on the floor in the fetal position until I could get back up lol

21. ChaseTx

Well that's intense

I like relaxing in the hot water though

22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I remember visiting Indonesia as a kid and my Grandmother's house having this kinda bathroom setup:

[​IMG]

So I'd just do both.

23. Mr. Serotonin

Hahaha

24. muttley Mar 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 25, 2016)
    muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Anyone else use q-tips at least twice a day? My inner ears are always so itchy. I think the warm water from my showers dries them out. Surely I'm not alone on this one.

Also: shower order - hair, body, face occasionally. I used to wash my face every day until I realized it dried my skin out so it produced more oil to compensate. No bueno.

25. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Me. I've done enough ear washes at work to know you shouldn't use q-tips to clean your ears but I do it anyway.