Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Strange habits • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dominick, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Well worth it to get a Kupo Nut

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Whenever I eat something from a container (like peanut butter out of a jar, or ice cream out of a pint) I have to make sure the top of it is smooth before I put it away.

Also, does anyone remember the 24 Game (or Challenge 24 as it used to be called)? You would draw a card and it had 4 numbers, and you had to take those 4 numbers and use mathematical functions (and all 4 numbers) to equal 24. Anyway, Chicago trains each have a 4-digit number in the car and my high school girlfriend and I would always use those to play Challenge 24, which I still do to this day.

cta2328a.jpg

2 x 3 = 6
    8 / 2 = 4
    6 x 4 = 24

phillyfradet likes this.
  3. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I know 2 people who do the ice cream thing.

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Mine is locking the front door and in HS it was my closet and under my bed. Always had this irrational fear that someone is gonna murder me in my sleep.

Only with French Fries and not other similar foods?

Guilty

Similar situation with me. I have a VERY particular way of laying in bed to sleep and how the covers feel before i can properly go to sleep.

I have to even up casseroles, cakes, etc in a pan to where the cut lines go all the way across.

5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

That is so funny to me bc whenever someone sleeps in bed with me they get so annoyed that the sheet is all at the foot of the bed and they make me feel like it is the MOST INSANE thing they've ever heard. Now I know I'm not the only one!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

The first thing I do when I get in bed is pull the sheets and blankets from under the mattress (if the bed is made). If they're tucked in, it isn't comfortable. Being covered isn't enough; I need everything to conform to whatever position I'm in.

I don't even use a top sheet anymore because it always ended up bundled at the end of the mattress or on the floor after a night of rolling around.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

From the age of 13-15, I would try to find the midpoint of many sentences that I saw.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

After I took advanced grammar in college, I'd subconsciously be parsing songs on the radio while singing along.

9. Colby Searcy

Asked the wife what my Strange Habits are. Her reply, "Everything about you is Strange..."

So I guess you could say my Strange Habit is myself.

10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I do this thing that's not really whistling but more inhaling and exhaling melodically. I'm not sure if it's audible to anyone but me and am almost afraid to ask.

I think I started doing it because I was in places I couldn't sing or hum or whistle, which I am always doing.

dharkins likes this.
  11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Oh god I do this all the time. I was doing it as I read this comment. Shit.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I now feel less insane.

dharkins likes this.
  13. I am pretty sure I talk to myself more than I'd like to admit without seeming super weird.

Mr. Serotonin and dharkins like this.
  14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

At work I have to wear my hair up and I stick all of my pens in my bun so I don't lose them. If I put them in my pockets I lose them and it's become such a habit to write something down and then stick it back in my hair instead of laying it down.

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I check the alarm on my phone at least a half dozen times a night before I got to sleep. Even if I know I've looked at it to see if it's set already, I still can't stop for fear that maybe it shut itself off.

schlotty, ChaseTx and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

idk. I don't like to face my desk at work. I sit sideways and find a hard surface to write on

I have this weird nervous tick with my hand. I don't do it all the time but I flex my right hand and then lightly shake it out.

17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

When I go to someone's house I prefer to stand or sit on the floor rather than sit on their couch. I find I'm more comfortable standing or sitting cross legged. I also stand and pace around at work

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i sometimes blink my right eye but not my left eye

19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I talk to myself constantly. Function of living alone.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Wife gives me shit for my shower habits, anybody else have any?

Visual aids if applicable(jk)
    the things I think about in the shower/while getting ready for work

21. Colby Searcy

Here's mine for starters:

1-Shower order: Wash body, rinse, wash face, rinse, shampoo, rinse
    2-I stand at the very back of the shower and raise the showerhead all the way up in order to hit me
    3-I stand facing the shower head the vast majority of the time
    4-I rinse my hair like this:
    [​IMG]

22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

[​IMG]

Basically my shower routine.

Robk, inspectorkemp, Eric and 3 others like this.
  23. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

My shower order is the exact opposite. I start with my hair (Head) and work my way down. That way I know I'm not rinsing any grime onto parts of my body I've already washed.

Garrett L. and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Colby Searcy

See that's why the wife gives me a hard time about it, but because I was my hair like the picture, no grime gets on my body. essentially this is what started me thinking about this.

25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I avoid facing the water when I rinse. I like having my eyes open and my senses working lol. I've seen too many movies where people get murdered in the shower. My order:

Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Face wash
    Body wash

But I wash my hair 2x a week so it's usually just washing my face and body. I take quick showers but if I have to shave it's way longer and I hate it. I usually do that the same time I have a deep conditioning mask in my hair so it has time to set