Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Strand of Oaks - In Heaven (Oct 1, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Jul 9, 2021.

1. New album out October 1st. His last one flew a little under the radar but it's one of the best from the last few years in my book. Based on the first track he's shared from this one it looks like I will not be disappointed with the follow-up!

Carl and Bo from MMJ are on this one as well (MMJ minus Jim were the Eraserland band) and James Iha is also on a track. Single, pre-order links, etc. below.

Strand of Oaks - In Heaven

In Heaven Translucent Blue Exclusive Vinyl

2. zmtr

Trusted

I was just jamming The Tallest Man on Earth's "Timothy" this morning wondering when he'd drop a new album. LOVE the new song and Eraserland is an all-timer.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

love tim from indiana

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Fuck yeah. Let's go. Song is great. Can't wait to hear the rest.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  5. jdr2187

jdr2187

Looking forward to it! Need to go back and give his last one another go, only listened a couple times and I don’t remember caring much for it.

coleslawed and Brother Beck like this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

really enjoyed Eraserland after not feeling Hard Love. looking forward to this one.

8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Album is absolutely incredible. Holy crap. Eraserland was a real tough act to follow but this album might even be better.

9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This record rocks. Love the psychedelic / folk vibes.

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Galacticana is such a great song, been stuck in my head for a while now. Really great Fall album.

DaydreamNation and phaynes12 like this.
  11. phaynes12

this album is really something. sister saturn is so huge.

12. feel like I haven't given this enough time honestly, been distracted by other releases in the last month. like it a lot but it's a step down from the last record for me (not really a knock even tho because Eraserland is so freaking good)

13. phaynes12

they're pretty much 1a/1b in his discography for me

DaydreamNation likes this.
  14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I got into him right before Heal, so I think that will always be my favorite, but what a career he's had. He's evolved his sound so much and I think he's really found his groove with Eraserland/In Heaven.

phaynes12 likes this.
  15. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

He's one of the only people who can write about the healing power of music without sounding corny. HEAL was my favorite album of 2014 and got me through some real hard times, but honestly this new one could give it a run if I lend it enough spins.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. Holy fucking shit

This song rules live when I saw him open for Isbell in Nov but this is next level

coleslawed and Brother Beck like this.