Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Strand of Oaks - Eraserland (March 22, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Jan 15, 2019.

1. zmtr

Trusted

This and the Andrew Bird album could end up being AOTY contenders for me. Wasn't expecting this to be as great as it is. He's always been extremely hit or miss for me.

recall reality likes this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Very much dig it. It's an album you want to spend time with. This album feels like Tim has found the sound he wants to pursue with this band.

SVXDan83 and Brother Beck like this.
  3. This album is jaw-droppingly good. "Forever Chords" made me tear up on first listen.

Tim just took a MASSIVE step up

SVXDan83, Matt Chylak and coleslawed like this.
  4. zmtr Mar 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2019)
    zmtr

Trusted

Forever Chords seems like a career defining song to me. Really impressive.

"the problem with living is one day you won't"

man this song is amazing

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm a big fan of his, and there are always several songs on any of his albums that I absolutely love, but this is the first of his albums that I love every single song across the entire album.

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

loving hearing the praise on this. looking forward to listening.

7. jdr2187

jdr2187

Crazy to say that this is just as good if not better than Heal. Blown away by this album.

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This is much better after repeated listens, which is saying something.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

He's got about 3 song of the year contenders on this one. Really wonderful music.

coleslawed and DaydreamNation like this.
  10. Album keeps getting better. "Visions," the title track and "Forever Chords" are all monstrous tracks, probably my favorites besides the three singles.

SVXDan83 and coleslawed like this.
  11. SVXDan83

Regular

I was kind of surprised (but also not surprised) that this album hasn't seemed to get the attention it deserves. So many tracks reveal themselves over repeated listens, but even many of the slower ones just build and build and turn into soaring epics by their conclusion. Every time I start getting worried that the album format is dead and no one wants to really make an album anymore, something like this comes along and restores my faith!

Brother Beck and hairtaylor like this.
  12. Bump for Tim's best album

zmtr and hairtaylor like this.
  13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I still really love Harder Love. That was such a cool concept to rework those songs. Passing Out might be one of my favorite songs by him, gets me all emotional listening to it.

14. alphaadept

I first heard heal about a year after it came out. Somehow I miss each release of each subsequent album. And once again I’m surprised to see he released a new album almost a year ago! I’m excited to take a listen.

15. SVXDan83

Regular

I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised when you give Eraserland a listen. With My Morning Jacket serving as his backing band, I think its his tightest and best arranged album. I don't want to oversell it, but it is definitely one of those albums I wish I could go back and hear for the first time again!

16. Yeah this record rules

Brother Beck likes this.
  17. zmtr

Trusted

yeah still amazing

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man i love this album

19. Such a great record, distressingly slept on but oh well.

Was supposed to see Isbell with Strand of Oaks opening a few weeks from now and I'm trying not to think about it

phaynes12 likes this.
  20. SVXDan83

Regular

Looks like he dropped these ambient / instrumental tracks on Bandcamp today: Ambient For Change

jdr2187 and phaynes12 like this.
  22. jdr2187

jdr2187

23. phaynes12

LFG

zmtr, Brother Beck and DaydreamNation like this.
  24. phaynes12

also big lol at the art and title

DaydreamNation likes this.
  25. Song is very very good, this is instantly my most anticipated I think. Last record has become an all-timer for me

Looks like the new album is called "In Heaven" and out 10/1

zmtr and coleslawed like this.