Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Jul 19, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Matt Carter is in Emery and Elliot Asbed just seems to be some musician from St. Louis.

2. Davjs

Trusted

Oh that is cool. I wonder if they did vocals or played a guitar, which I'd be for since all their songs were written with 2 guitars (not to drag back that topic again)

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

There are two videos posted on their pledge fund page with new song samples and it sounds awesome.

inwaves likes this.
  4. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

All of the clips we've heard so far sound fantastic. I think this album is going to blow The Constant out of the water. And I liked that album.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

The one thing that's never really stood out too much are the bass lines, I wonder if Phil will add anything special or just more of the same.

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Anyone going to see this band at Musink Festival today?

7. inwaves

I got my download for Live in the Lou 2 the other day. Can't wait to watch it this week! Also, my signed DVD of Who Killed (or Saved) the Music Industry should be arriving soon.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

I was really happy with how that documentary came out, I should be getting my dvd soon too.

Was the concert awesome? I opted for the singed Vinyl instead.

9. inwaves

@Davjs The concert is awesome but I'm really missing that second guitar. Ryan doesn't get to play a lot of the licks he normally would due to having to hold down more of the rhythm guitar duties. Maybe this won't be a problem with the new songs since they're being written as a four piece. The concert is still great though! I think it's all up on YouTube at this point.

10. pbueddi

Trusted

Is there any way to watch it if you didn't pledge? For a while it didn't seem like it would ever come out. When did they launch it? Like 2012?

11. Davjs

Trusted

I watched all that was on youtube (that Thrice/Anberlin/Glassjaw cover is so awesome). I agree, I'm so surprised that Ryan moves around as much as he does with having to carry everything guitar wise. He has to play so fast now it looks like to make sure the riffs and leads are both played it seems. Also Phil on bass sounds good, but he's kinda a statue and doesn't look completely comfortable.

Haha it did get announced forever ago. Its been at least almost 4 years because my kid wasn't even born yet when I pledged. I don't think they have released it outside of the pledge links yet because they want to take the film to Sundance and one of the conditions for entry is that the movie has to be unreleased.

12. pbueddi

Trusted

thanks for the response!

13. Michael Schmidt

Dan was the guest on Shane Told's, Lead Singer Syndrome podcast. He talked past and current SOTY. He gave a little bit of insight into the new record. It's good listen. Phil was on Mike Hererra's podcast a couple weeks ago, but he didn't really talk about SOTY much.

inwaves likes this.
  14. inwaves

I'm going to give both of those a listen tonight.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  15. Michael Schmidt

The Dan episode is cool. I don't want to spoil it for you, but there are some good nuggets in the conversation that I picked up that was new for me.

Davjs likes this.
  16. inwaves

I'm looking forward to it! Dan seems like such a cool guy to hang out with.

17. Michael Schmidt

The only spoiler I will drop is the album budget because some of us talked about it earlier. The pledge goal was $50k and as of today have 240%.

inwaves likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I wonder what song they would have put out for Spiderman 2? Meathead? Is This My Fate?

19. Michael Schmidt

I think they would have written a song specifically for the soundtrack and credits.

20. Davjs

Trusted

Oh yeah, my response was a joke (even though a heavy song would have been so funny/amazing). That is a crazy thing to pass up though, Hero and Vindicated were both huge songs. Spiderman 2 had a ton of good songs on it as well.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

kyle, pbueddi and Erwin89 like this.
  22. inwaves

Sweet!

23. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Story of the Beer?

24. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Sooo no new music yet, just a festival date and beer. Shame, that teaser sounded amazing.

inwaves likes this.
  25. inwaves

I feel like we can't be too far away from the first single. Maybe June or July?