Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Band • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Jul 19, 2016.

1. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

It’s cool, I’m sure he’s going direct to the interface from the headphone jack, like a real professional.

BornToRun likes this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I used to work at a Sam Ash Music and alllll the teen metalhead kids bought the Line6 Spyders because it had the built in effects. Those are practically toys and they break super easy so we always got them to purchase insurance on it (which was $$ in our pockets as sellers). They'd eventually return it within the 30 day policy and they'd get their money back but sellers still got the profit from the insurance upsell.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

I'm just a music superfan but can't play or know any of the ins and outs of recording, so I find this kind of talk really interesting.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I get it 100% as a beginner practice amp, but it’s when kids start getting the Spyder 212 combos or half stacks that I palm my face so hard I leave a permanent imprint.

5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Long story short, line 6 Spyders are crap, and the last way any producer or engineer would record guitars is directly in through a Spyder. On the high end of things, you can get a Kemper or AxeFX head that plugs directly in which have some good tones (it’s how Periphery record their albums). Otherwise, it’s sheeeet.

BornToRun likes this.
  6. Tomozaurus

Regular

It must be an Australia thing, 'cause its definitely not on mine. :verysad:

7. I've got a Peavey Vypyr, which has been compared to that Line 6 gear a lot. Always thought the modelised amps sounded artificial. At least, it made me experiment with sounds over the years, by choosing what fits my tastes more. On the other hand, I have no idea how accurate they are compared to the sounds made by the actual amps.

8. pbueddi

Trusted

BlackwingE likes this.
  9. BlackwingE

Trusted

The new Greek Fire song is fucking great. Too bad Ryan isn't in the band anymore, the guitar in this song is fantastic.

Davjs likes this.
  10. pbueddi

Trusted

In the one post they said if you ordered through pledgemusic you didn’t get charged. I thought pledgemusic always charged right away?

11. BlackwingE

Trusted

Maybe it varies from project to project, I haven't been charged as far as I can see. Don't know how they funded this, haha.

pbueddi likes this.
  12. pbueddi

Trusted

Yeah I was wondering that myself. Still wish it had "Saddest View" on it :(

BlackwingE likes this.
  13. BlackwingE

Trusted

I remember vaguely them saying that they were going to release Lost, then Broken, then Found (maybe as an EP). I always thought The Ride was going to be included on the Found EP/album, but then they released the Orientation EP. But I'll bet that Saddest View will appear on their next release.

Davjs and pbueddi like this.
  14. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Who's the new guitarist for Greek Fire?

BlackwingE likes this.
  15. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

The new Greek Fire song did nothing for me sadly, maybe except for the bridge. Haven't really dug anything past their debut anyway. Still hoping for some jams on the Broken record

16. pbueddi

Trusted

I noticed a few of the songs are ones we have already heard too.

17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Probably with all the money Phil’s gotten from commercials

BlackwingE likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

so I had hadn't listened to Greek Fire in a while, I had no idea they put out the album Orientation. Holy shit this album is amazing, the guitar is out of this world.

Did Ryan play on this album does anyone know?

BornToRun likes this.
  19. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

Yea, Orientation is some of the first batch of songs they recorded. He also played guitar on the new album, Broken. That comes out July 12.

BlackwingE likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

ah, so all songs will have Ryan on them but he just isn't going to be playing them live. Good to know.

I listened to the rest of their stuff today and man, Orientation is miles above the rest of their stuff. Major classic rock vibes from that EP, I love it.

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Orientation didn't grab me much when it came out.

pbueddi likes this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

:-p of course it wouldn't since I love it

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Deus Ex Machina was pretty great.

24. Davjs

Trusted

I do like that a lot. I just love the more guitar driven, high energy pace of Orientation more. It was a nice change up.

25. BlackwingE

Trusted

Greek Fire is such a weird band. They keep releasing songs that they recorded almost a decade ago and treats them like new music. There are even some songs on Broken that they released in like 2012-2013 or something.

I do like their old songs though, good quality rock music. I just wish they had released the music chronologically, and I always expected The Ride to be the opening track on their debut album/EP.

Deus Ex Machina would be so much better if it had more of the songs in their early hard-rock style. That record feels a little more all over the place, not to mention it was way too short.

r0m4n44, morken, Davjs and 1 other person like this.