Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Band • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Jul 19, 2016.

1. BlackwingE

Trusted

Just saw someone commenting "What about Philip?" on SOTY's Instagram post about the Australian tour. It had one like... and it was Phil himself, hahahahaha.

2. BlackwingE

Trusted

Ryan and Phil aren't following each other on Instagram. Does this mean anything? Or have they ever followed each other?

3. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Hmm. I think they followed each other but I don’t know. I’m assuming they’re still in Greek Fire together but I guess we’ll see.

4. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Well says "Formerly Guitar/Bass Story Of The Year" on his Instagram unfortunately, so it appears SOTY is down to 3.

Hopefully this was a mutual parting like when Adam left and they remain close friends. That was one of the things this band had over so many in the scene; genuine friendship that they didn't bullshit about.

BlackwingE and inwaves like this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

They have a video (in hilarious fashion like all their videos) on instagram promoting their Australian dates and it's just the three of them. To me this means if they are planning tours then they planned this. Kinda weird not to make a statement though since they did with Adam. I hope it was on good terms.

BlackwingE and inwaves like this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, if the split was nasty I'm sure Ryan is probably out of Greek Fire.

I don't think GF is really active anymore, are they?

BlackwingE likes this.
  7. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I just can’t imagine that anything bad went down. I hope we get an announcement next week so we don’t have to speculate anymore.

morken, BlackwingE and Davjs like this.
  8. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Greek Fire seemed to never get off the ground the way Phil wanted. I really liked that first album they made. I think they just put too much weird stuff into their later songs, and also took way too much time between releasing anything.

9. morken

Yep, he's changed his instagram bio to "formerly guitar/bass Story of the Year" in the days since I brought this up in here. Damn, guess the hunch was correct. Where there's smoke there's fire..

10. BlackwingE

Trusted

Yes. What happened with all the EPs and the new album they kept talking about?

The electronic bridge in A Real Life is sooo bad, gives me headache.

morken likes this.
  11. morken

I remember buying some EP through Pledgemusic, that was supposed to be the first of two (or more?) EPs. Don't know what happened after that.

BlackwingE likes this.
  12. BlackwingE

Trusted

There were supposed to be two, "Lost" and "Found", and then they said they were making an EP in between, that would be called "Broken". Then they said Broken would be turned into a full length album and that Found was put on hold. After that, no news...

13. pbueddi

Trusted

why would he go through the process of making the new album then? this is weird.

BlackwingE likes this.
  14. morken

This interview from last summer sheds some light on things, Greek Fire-wise.

http://alternativeaddiction.com/Features/131

My guess is that Phil just has so much stuff on his plate with life, bands, and other work, that he's been forced make a tough decision. Unfortunately, SOTY was probably the least interesting option.

15. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Phil was pretty checked out of the show in Chicago. He played and sang well to his credit. But between songs he looked sort of disinterested and almost annoyed at Ryan and Dan talking so much. The only crowd interaction he had was during the medley at the end. He came off as someone who had moved on, but wanted to honor a commitment.

inwaves and Davjs like this.
  16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Exactly what I saw and took away from the Chicago show.

inwaves and Davjs like this.
  17. BlackwingE

Trusted

Why are they being so mysterious? ... The remaining members never like anything Phil posts on Instagram, and Phil doesn't like anything related to SOTY. However, Phil seem to like a lot of the comments on SOTY's Instagram posts, even though they're not about him.

I understand if they want to wait until they have a replacement before announcing anything, but the way they are behaving right now make it look like they're not even friends. Maybe I'm being paranoid. I need answers.

Davjs likes this.
  18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Davjs, skurt and Micool1 like this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

skurt and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

I forget did you actually like Wolves, Colin?

skurt likes this.
  21. morken

It may also be possible that we read way too much into how they act on social media :)

But yeah, it would be nice to get some clarification. Not that they'll be coming to Norway any time soon, so I'm in no hurry to find out who will be the new bass player during their concerts..

skurt and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yes I did but never returned to it. I should (and will) eventually.

skurt likes this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

You should do so soon right after Vessels

skurt likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

BTDandFeelingThis and skurt like this.
  25. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

So they never actually talked about the Phil situation right?

BlackwingE likes this.