Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Same. I remember getting Black Swan and being a bit bummed there were only a few heavy tracks. Same with the Constant. The song writing is so much better on those albums though, and Dan's vocals get better with each album.

2. Jake Z

Regular

Never heard anything other than the singles on PA, but listening to ITWOD right now, and really enjoy this. Love the heaviness of it, yet still very catchy.

inwaves likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Need to check out these guys more, I also only really know some singles.

4. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

If you like ITWOD, be sure to check out Black Swan next!

Jake Z and Davjs like this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

Even though they don't have a lot of singles from each album, I think they chose solid singles. Wake Up, The Antidote and I'm Alive are all awesome songs.

I strongly recommend listening to the whole albums but if someone is going to look up a couple songs on youtube or something, I'd recommend The Antidote, Angel in the Swamp, Pay Your Enemy and The Dream is Over :-)

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. Jake Z

Regular

Will do, not sure how I slept on these guys. Thanks for the recs.

Davjs likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

Anyone able to do a top 5? Even though I was able to do one for Thrice, YC and Sum 41.....this one seems harder for some reason. Maybe because to me all 4 albums have been constantly fantastic with no dip in quality?

inwaves likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

So hard....

Won Threw Ate
    The Antidote
    The Children Sing
    Welcome To Our New War
    Is This My Fate

inwaves likes this.
  9. inwaves

Is This My Fate
    The Virus
    Won Threw Ate
    The Antidote
    Our Time is Now

That was hard.

10. Davjs

Trusted

I love you.

The VIRUS!!!!!

They have awesome B-sides.

11. Davjs

Trusted

Anyone here listen to their Page Ave 10 year acoustic album? I feel like out of all the bands doing the same thing (YC, TBS, ect) they reworked their songs and it turned out sooo good. I think it flew under people's radar though because they aren't as big.

Michael Schmidt and inwaves like this.
  12. inwaves

It's so good! One of Ryan's best riffs, and that dude is a riff master. Criminally underrated guitarist.

13. Davjs

Trusted

Oh yes. He stands out but I also think Dan and Josh are very very talented at their instruments too. Their bass lines are the only thing that have never really stood out. I cannot wait for new music.

14. inwaves

Not to mention Phil's backup vocals, which are superb. Do you like Greek Fire?

15. Davjs

Trusted

Love them. And yes, his vocals a must. They stand out a ton on ITWOD and BS. Besides Children Sing , I can't think of much on Constant. That's kinda OK though , because it's Dan's best vocal work.

16. inwaves

I love the interplay between him and Dan in the Bridge of We're Not Gonna Make It. I love that song.

r0m4n44 and Davjs like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

Yes! Also Black Swan and We Don't Care Anymore.

inwaves likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

Here's a fan video my friends and I did to Tell Me. Wish they played it more often, even though it was played at their last show. It sounds so huge live.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

IT’S OFFICIALLY HAPPENING! We’re heading to the studio to record the first new SOTY full length record in 6 years, and we want YOU to be a part of it! Please visit www.pledgemusic.com/storyoftheyear for the full story & to pre-order the new record along with all kinds of exclusive goodies and experiences. This is it. The moment we’ve all been waiting for. We’re passionately calling on all diehard SOTY fans to be a part of this campaign and to help spread the word: STORY OF THE YEAR IS BACK! Endless love & respect - SOTY.

BornToRun likes this.
  20. inwaves

Hell yes! I think I'll get the Live in the Lou Part 2 and the CD. Very excited that we're getting new music soon!

Davjs likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I'm conflicted on which to get. The small club show for 40$ would be amazing, but I also want the Signed Vinyl and the Live in Lou 2 would be cool.

I wish they had taped the show before though since they played The Virus and Pay Your Enemy as well as covered Deadbolt, Feel Good Drag and Tip Your Bartender :-)

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I might have to go ahead and pledge

23. inwaves

Holy shit, that's quite a lineup of songs

Davjs likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

25. inwaves

Davjs likes this.