Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year - Wolves (December 8th, 2017) Album • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 18, 2017.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I think they wanted to go heavy from the start but Feldy or the label (maybe both?) pushed for a more poppy release. I think the band have expressed their dissatisfaction with Page Avenue a few times over the years. Personally I love both!

r0m4n44 and SFguitar like this.
  2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is freakin' awesome

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

I'll probably do the Black Swan stream for sure. In The Wake is probably my least favorite album from them.

5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Glad to hear ITWOD is awesome! I’m unavailable to watch it but I’m def gonna do The Black Swan.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wake is the only of record of theirs I love start to finish. Hopefully they throw it up on YouTube or allow you to buy it later.

7. I hope you can buy it anyway because I missed it lol

8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

You can still listen to it for a week after if you had a ticket. I'm listening to it right now.

Ferrari333SP and Crisp X like this.
  9. Yep I just checked and tickets are still available afterwards. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  10. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Fan fucking tastic concert. Can't wait for the other two

chewbacca110 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Concert sounded real good, but the stage banter was so obnoxious.

Crisp X, SFguitar, BlackwingE and 2 others like this.
  12. I just finished watching the livestream and it brought me back to 13 year old me discovering their music and blasting that album and The Black Swan on repeat everyday! I initially thought Phil's absence would feel weird but they still sound great with the backing tracks. Seeing them play some of those rarely played deep cuts was cool too. One slight criticism would be that the pitch correction was a bit too noticeable at times, and the stage banter was too cringy in a jock bro way, but the show was still good overall. See you for the second one!

13. BlackwingE

Trusted

I wouldn't mind a collection of live albums and blu-rays of these streams!

14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I appreciate them going into the financial realities of being in a band on the newest podcast, Ryan’s story was eye-opening

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  15. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Anyone got even a one song clip of it? Id like to take a look beforehand cause I wanna get Wake and Swan, but dont really care for Page

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I was listening to it this past weekend on a ride and definitely appreciated how candid they were. It also was cool of Ryan Key to apologize for being a little bit of a not-so-cool dude back in the day and how things were after the YC hiatus and then leading up to the final break up.

Hoping they upload part two of In The Wake soon!

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Listened to Page yesterday and the only song I was really into was In The Shadows.

That song is dope. Hero is pretty chill too.

The rest? Not so much.

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Hero, In the Shadows, PA, Razorblades, Falling Down are the only songs I dig on PA.

19. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Another thing to take away from this episode - the possibility of Ryan doing something with them in the future in some capacity. Touring guitarist like with NFG would be awesome. Give me a European tour next year with both Ryans on guitar :praise:

20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Page Avenue livestream was great (besides the dumb banter)

21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I need to catch up on the podcast

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So I finally watched the In The Wake of Determination livestream and I gotta be honest... I found it underwhelming as hell.

Dan didn’t sound as good as he does on that record. In fact, he sounded weird like over polished compared to the record?

I also don’t know if it was the mix or what but it didn’t sound good and they’re really missing a second guitarist. Nothing had the punch that I expected it to. I love this record and was massively disappointed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh yeah and that banter was pure cringe. I get being from a different era but come on guys.. we’re not middle schoolers.

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I think they'd be served well by adding back in a 2nd guitarist

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ryan is a great guitarist but he’s not enough to shred alone on a record like Wake. If it’s a money thing - add a second guitar track to play along.

This livestream just didn’t do the record justice.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  25. The Black Swan's livestream was an improvement, the banter was still dumb but they toned that down a bit in comparison.

Not a fan of Page Avenue so I'm not sure I'm going to watch it, but I wonder how it went.