Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year - Wolves (December 8th, 2017) Album • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

If it's an old song, then Ryan probably played guitar in it right? And Phil just played in the video.

2. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Yeah I wanna say they put it up back in like 2008 or 2009. Really long time ago.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It was The Ride, right? And what is the Orientation thing they talk about?

4. Yeah it's that old. I remember ripping it from myspace back in the day, around spring 2009 or something! They had three of four songs in their demo form at the time.

5. pbueddi

Trusted

Im assuming its some new songs that aren't a part of the full length album

6. BlackwingE

Trusted

This is the exact same version of The Ride as they put up on their MySpace profile back in 2009. When I watched the video yesterday I noticed that it had been uploaded September 13, and was only visible for those who had the link. I also tried following the iTunes link to "Orientation" in the description, but it wasn't available yet. Perhaps the video was posted here prematurely. Yesterday they posted a teaser saying "3", so I guess the video/EP will be officially out on Monday.

Micool1 and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

He confirmed on twitter and the pledgemusic page that everything was launched early. Not sure if it was intentional or not. So yes, all that stuff will be available monday.

8. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

I pulled the video down since it wasn’t supposed to go up until Monday. I felt guilty.

BlackwingE likes this.
  9. BlackwingE

Trusted

Orientation is now on Spotify!

BornToRun likes this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Not on Apple Music yet.

11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Now that they have released The Ride and Running Away on the Orientation EP, I really hope they put Saddest View on the Broken album. The piano version would be awesome.

BornToRun and pbueddi like this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Ah, that makes sense. I figured it was a new video since no Ryan was in it. A really cool song and video though!

13. BlackwingE

Trusted

Saddest View is not on Broken's track list. I guess Phil is saving that one for the Found EP.

14. pbueddi

Trusted

Where did you see Broken's track list? Im super disappointed if thats true.

15. inwaves

Davjs, Bad Frequencies and Micool1 like this.
  16. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

17. inwaves

They haven’t done videos for How Can We Go On or Miracle yet have they? Those would be the two I’d like to see.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  18. BTDandFeelingThis

Too much to hope it’s a promo for a new album or ep isn’t it lol

Davjs likes this.
  19. inwaves

Haha yeah I doubt that any secret recording took place but I’d be happy to be wrong

Bad Frequencies and Davjs like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

They released one for How Can We Go On but it was super choppy and not very good because they had to cut Phil out I assume. I can't seem to find it anymore so my guess is they had to take it down. On their Pledge page, there are videos of them shooting videos for Bang Bang, Praying for Rain, How Can I Go On and Goodnight My Love using the same stage set up but just different lighting. They released Bang Bang and Praying for Rain, but How Can We Go On got pulled and I assume they didn't even bother releasing Goodnight My Love which is a shame because the preview they put out for it looked amazing:

I would be fine with them redoing a video for How Can We Go On, but also would love Miracle or Goodnight My Love!

I would get all super pumped all over again!

inwaves and Bad Frequencies like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

@inwaves I found it for you!

It was unlisted so it doesn't show up when you search for it, you have to have the link.

inwaves and Bad Frequencies like this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

2A1C25A4-311E-41C4-AB49-3DD7B34FC50D.jpeg

AlwaysEvolving21 and skurt like this.
  23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love this album. Listened to it a couple times this week. Great fall record.

teebs41, airik625, Davjs and 2 others like this.
  24. inwaves

I have very mixed feelings on the next record. I’m very happy that Adam is back and am hopeful that the music will be a bit heavier with him in the mix again, but at the same time I’m REALLY going to miss Phil’s vocals.

25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Sad to say that Wolves has had 0 staying power for me.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.