Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Reflect on ‘Page Avenue’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 17, 2018.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh man- I miss Letterkills.

2. Davjs

Trusted

Don't be hating on Black Swan my dude.

3. Davjs

Trusted

Story of the Year is the one band I refuse to believe they ever did anything bad live haha. They seemed to be so fantastic live from the very start.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I only like Choose Your Fate (great opener) and The Antidote off that record :teethsmile:

Davjs likes this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

No Welcome To Our New War ? That one seems right up your alley.

6. Unpopular opinion incoming...

This is their only consistent album. The Black Swan is only as good if you include the bonus tracks which were the best songs out of that album's session. The Constant has a few clunkers and the songwriting seems uninspired for the most part.

7. Davjs

Trusted

I should have stopped reading at "Unpopular opinion incoming..." haha

:brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart::verysad:

8. Davjs

Trusted

I find it funny that Ryan went from being the member who wanted to be super metal to writing a bunch of softies for Wolves (I believe it was said that he did most the song writing, and Dan wrote one of 2 harder songs How Can We Go On). He must have done a 180.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. Yeah this must be the hottest take, I don't expect anyone to agree with it haha.

10. SFguitar

Regular

Yeah I don't like how literally half of Wolves is slow songs.

11. Davjs

Trusted

I didn't like it at first because I wanted heavy or fast paced since that's what they do best.

I came to grips with it though after I realized I liked every song on their own, I just honestly wanted something different.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That song is pretty good but it still lacks (in my opinion) the punch that Wake head. I also just don’t come back to it.

I do love “The Truth Shall Set Me Free”- I never got why they left that off the record. It sounds like a perfect continuation from the sound of Wake.

13. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

The bonus tracks are fantastic and there were like 5 of em which is just crazy

Edit: Also agree about The Constant but Won Threw Ate is one of my favorite songs of theirs

14. manoverboard679

The singer Matt went on to sing in The Wedding. Similar sound to LK so check em out if you haven't already.

15. manoverboard679

Wow you got 2 more bands I got clearly got gipped Haha. Never cared about My Chem but AO woulda been sick

16. That one, To The Burial, The Ghost Of You And I, and Eye For An Eye were so good indeed!

BornToRun likes this.
  17. Stevie

Regular

Would love to hear a version of this album with Ryan’s more “metal” ideas and a producer that backed them...

Also, In The Wake Of Determination pips Page Avenue for me.

18. Pooch

Regular

It was so great. It was at a small club right before MCR blew up. The next time I saw them it was opening for Linkin Park at a massive amphitheater

19. Davjs

Trusted

Talking about best Constant tracks and everyone is leaving out The Dream is Over? :brokenheart:

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I checked them out and never really got into it. Maybe I’ll try again today!

21. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

A quick search and I can't find it either. The main thing I remember from it is that the scream at 2 minutes was a just a fade out instead of the scream.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Revisited The Constant this morning at work and while I still think it’s whatever- “To The Burial”, “The Children Sing”, “Won Threw Ate”, and “Eye for an Eye” are all solid.

23. manoverboard679

Start here and tell me what you think

24. Davjs

Trusted

Loving all the Won Threw Ate talk though. Song is awesome and should be a live staple, even though they have never played it :-/

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  25. manoverboard679

Truth. I recently did a drum cover of this and was trying to find a performance to watch Josh. I was shocked to find zilch except for a group of Jr high girls rocking out to it lmao