Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Recording With Aaron Sprinkle • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Page Avenue is my 2nd favorite album ever so I definitely disagree

2. Davjs

Trusted

Page is an awesome album, but I'd rank it last out of the 4 too. That's just showing how excellent their albums are.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Don't get me wrong, I love it but I think the others are way better. They found their own sound and separated themselves from the other bands of the same genre.

4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Black Swan>In The Wake>Page Avenue>The Constant

I need to re-listen to the Costant because I remember almost nothing of it except for 'the Weezer sounding song' as someone else here put it (Remember A Time I think it was called). And now that someone has brought it up, The Ghost of You and I.

I hope the new album is heavier, since surely (finally) there are no longer expectations for them to still be commercially relevant. An album of Choose Your Fate style thrashers with a few hard melodic songs thrown in would be so good.

Excited for whatever comes though.

5. An album as heavy as those The Black Swan bsides would be unreal.

nl5011 likes this.
  6. Colby Searcy

In The Wake was pretty damn heavy

7. Colby Searcy

I'd argue that's their heaviest by far. The Black Swan and The Constant they kinda muted the heaviness a bit and made it more feel of Page Avenue album's heaviness

I love this band quite a bit but I think I'd rank the albums in chronological order of release based on my enjoyment of them but that's just me

8. I'd rank them like that, but that's just me, idk if it is a popular opinion :
    - In Wake Of Determination
    - The Black Swan
    - The Constant
    - Page Avenue

Colby Searcy likes this.