Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Story of the Year Heading Into Studio • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

The goal has been achieved! It's at 102% now! :D

inwaves likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

That's great! I'm still going to get the vinyl I think as well so there's that.

3. Sal Mastrocola

Making Music in Gatto Black

Read this too fast, thought it was about the Story So Far. Clicked the PledgeMusic link and was very confused about why they had such hip haircuts all of a sudden.

Davjs likes this.
  4. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

So happy for them! That was quick.

Davjs likes this.
  5. inwaves

If I had to pick one song that showcases their sound, that one would be high on the list.

Micool1, Davjs, pbueddi and 1 other person like this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Hmmmm. One song to showcase....thats really hard. I'd do Pay Your Enemy: Some crazy riffs, a catchy has hell chorus that comes with sing along "whoa whoa"s and not one, but two heavy break downs in the bridge. It kind of has it all.

Petit nain des Îles and inwaves like this.
  7. inwaves

Good pick. I was listening to Black Swan earlier and "Apathy is a Deathwish" struck me as having a lot of staple SOTY traits: Huge riff, trickling palm-muted guitar lines in the verses, tight rhythm section work, etc.

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

That is such an underrated song on that album. Those and Angel in the Swamp would all be good first introductions.

inwaves likes this.
  9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I always liked Our Time is Now.

BornToRun likes this.
  10. inwaves

Ready for that Live in the Lou 2 download to be available. I could watch live footage of this band forever.

Davjs likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So they blitzed through their funding goal, haha

12. Davjs

Trusted

That's a fantastic song. I don't think I'd show people that song first though, it might set them up to think SOTY is a metal style band lol.

I could too, and usually do find myself going down the rabbit hole of videos on youtube for hours. I have a problem.

inwaves likes this.
  13. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

In The Shadows is that song for me. Massive chorus and edgy hardcore-ish sections.

14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

They just added new rewards for the Pledge. There's a calendar, Christmas ornaments and things like that.

inwaves likes this.